Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

How to get free/ cheap seeds

How to get free/ cheap seeds

Old Nov 16th 2018, 3:10 pm
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road
Default How to get free/ cheap seeds

Here's a nice little tip I use to get free seeds. The two main cashback sites in UK, Topcashback and Quidco, have been running a rather good promotion this year along the lines 'Spend £2.50 with any retailer and get £2.50 bonus cashback'. They pop up once a month, usually, sometimes more frequently. You just need to sign up with them, buy over £2.50 of seeds on Ebay (excluding VAT or P&P) and hey presto, free and/ or very cheap seeds.

Even better, TCB has no age restriction so we have 5 accounts: self, wife, 3 kids, whilst I think Quidco is over-15s so we only have 4 accounts there. Then it's a case of rinse and repeat.

They run variants, eg £3 off £5 etc. And Quidco at times exclude Ebay, in which case you can still use the promotion by buying seeds at (say) Suttons or the other seed sellers enrolled for cashback. There's one on tonight at Quidco, £2.50 cashback on £2.50 spend but this time Ebay isn't allowed, shame.

Just remember that both sites won't track items 99p or under. And no VAT or P&P, either. But 3 packets of the same 99p seed from same seller will be fine. As will 1 basket of seeds from different sellers but paid together in 1 basket, eg £1.50 + £1.25. Plus you must activate the offer in your account before buying.

Obviously more use to people with a UK address they can use than for Hungary-only residents.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 6:15 pm
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to get free/ cheap seeds

Eg I just bought the following from Eurocarparts, which will be less than 98p after my £2.50 discount + normal cashback (much more satisfying with Ebay seeds!):
1542771151TRIPLE QX Concentrated Screenwash All Season (5 Litre)£2.49
1542771150TRIPLE QX Concentrated Screenwash All Season (1 Ltr)£0.99
1542771151FREE 5ltr Triple QX Screenwash£0.00
Subtotal£3.48
Delivery Charges ( Economy )£0.00
Total (inc VAT):£3.48