Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

How do you deal with Brexit friends

How do you deal with Brexit friends

Old Dec 17th 2019, 7:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you deal with Brexit friends

Originally Posted by FenTiger
It has just hit me ..... are we being targeted because my wife is Hungarian. I honestly don't know how many of our neigbours know my wife is Hungarian! As per my previous post I suspect we are being targeted because we are profoundly deaf ..... but I'm thinking ..... maybe it's because my wife is Hungarian! When we first moved here back in 2006 at the railway station I was quite shocked to realise how "white" all the passengers were! I used to live in Surbiton, near Kingston which had a more diverse community. This adds another angle to what we are experiencing!
Welcome to modern Britain! The sooner you can get out of there, the better.
Old Dec 17th 2019, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Jake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond reputeJake.White has a reputation beyond repute

Is this thread a wind up..? It reads almost like something out of a cartoon comedy.

How to deal with Brexit friends..? what the *%^£ kind of stupid question to start a thread with is that mate..?

Why would anyone target you for a vendetta because you are deaf..? or because your wife is Hungarian..? However.... in either case, if true, harassment is still a designated crime in Britain which can be legally actioned upon, see link.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...and-harassment

Most neighbours from hell are simply that - utter morons and control freaks who want to dominate and rule with a degree of tyranny, and like all bullies will likely back down if challenged robustly.

Forgive me if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick with this next one, but what the bloody hell is wrong with being white in a white majority country..? I get that you might be trying to have a little dig at Farage or whoever it was who originally made that rather daft comment but it's a bit of a weak joke which might easily backfire on you tbh, and repeating things like that in a public forum where widely differing opinions prevail on such a massive and sensitive issue just add fuel to the fire and are maybe just a wee bit inflammatory...maybe you should take this to the TIO forum..??

Would you perchance be equally "shocked" at the "blackness " of the passengers on the public transport system in Nigeria for example..? I seriously doubt it.

Last edited by Jake.White; Dec 17th 2019 at 9:04 am.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your comments. No offence taken. As to myself I have always felt they had got the EU immigration isssue wrongly. I am still in touch with those friends but having having less conversations with them!

I agree with Jake White on his comments 'Most neighbours from hell are simply that - utter morons and control freaks who want to dominate and rule with a degree of tyranny, and like all bullies will likely back down if challenged robustly.'

Hopefully, next few weeks we will know if the owner of a property we are interested in will sell. Hopefully, we will sell our property quickly but doubt this will happen.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:12 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your comments. No offence taken. As to myself I have always felt they had got the EU immigration isssue wrongly. I am still in touch with those friends but having having less conversations with them!

I agree with Jake White on his comments 'Most neighbours from hell are simply that - utter morons and control freaks who want to dominate and rule with a degree of tyranny, and like all bullies will likely back down if challenged robustly.'

Hopefully, next few weeks we will know if the owner of a property we are interested in will sell. Hopefully, we will sell our property quickly but doubt this will happen.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Any particular reason why you don't think your property will sell quickly? Just being a sticky beak, I love all things real estate
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Any particular reason why you don't think your property will sell quickly? Just being a sticky beak, I love all things real estate
I wish you could have come over here last week to sort out our real estate problems!

We sold our flat within one week (good) but buying has been a nightmare (the target flat has legal issues attached), finally, after 2 months we did a deal on an alternative, moving late January. Good news is this is the last move we will ever make!
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:23 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
I wish you could have come over here last week to sort out our real estate problems!

We sold our flat within one week (good) but buying has been a nightmare (the target flat has legal issues attached), finally, after 2 months we did a deal on an alternative, moving late January. Good news is this is the last move we will ever make!
That sounds a bit dire. I'm glad you got it sorted, things like that are so stressful. Wishing you many happy times in your new home
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:27 am
Account Closed

That sounds a bit dire. I'm glad you got it sorted, things like that are so stressful. Wishing you many happy times in your new home
Thank you! It's a rooftop apartment. This is the view and not brexit in sight!

Last edited by scrubbedexpat142; Dec 18th 2019 at 9:53 am.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:32 am
Concierge

That's a lovely view. I always feel better with trees around me, all that free oxygen! Love penthouse apartments too, they feel so much more private than having neighbours above as well as below.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Have to register disputes with conveyancers so the buyer knows what they are in for!
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:51 am
Account Closed

That's a lovely view. I always feel better with trees around me, all that free oxygen! Love penthouse apartments too, they feel so much more private than having neighbours above as well as below.
The balcony -

Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Great views. I could look at that all day long.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 10:01 am
Account Closed

Have to register disputes with conveyancers so the buyer knows what they are in for!
This is where we ran into difficulties. Turns out the seller has a dispute with 2 other owners in the house - going back many years. Also turns out she owes the house 4 years worth of common cost charges. So the other two owners are blocking the sale - so we walked away.

Old Dec 18th 2019, 10:10 am
Concierge

Ah, I see. Well that's a bit of a bugger. Hopefully a huge bloke with 3 rottweillers takes a fancy to your house, your neighbours would be begging you to come back.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 10:11 am
Concierge

The balcony -

That's so nice, I think I'd live out there! (weather permitting)
Old Dec 18th 2019, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Ah, I see. Well that's a bit of a bugger. Hopefully a huge bloke with 3 rottweillers takes a fancy to your house, your neighbours would be begging you to come back.
No way willl we be coming back. My wife's parents need some help with every day tasks, i.e. including getting the shopping and helping around their property. There are other family living nearby but they are quite pushed to visit and check on them on a daily basis other neighbours have rallied round to help out. I've also been spoilt having visited Hungary so many times since 2003.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.