House Insurance

Old Nov 5th 2012, 5:08 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Insurance

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I enquired about house insurance recently and they were asking me the square metre sizes of the house and outbuildings. I've never seen figures for this, just the land area (6147 square metres) Should I measure the buildings to give an accurate figure? I might get them to come and see the place to give a quote.
Does it not state it on the sales contract or title deeds? I know most do but some don't. I would measure it as it doesn't need to be 100% accurate - usually they only send an accessor out if it's a non standard build, an adobe house or has high value items though there would be no harm in asking them.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen the deeds so I don't know about them but it's not on the contract.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richardmc
Just a passing thought, we got our comprehensive house/contents insurance a month ago via Allianz in Keszthely and spoke to a female who spoke good English. It has cost us about £75 per annum.
Did they have policy information in English? I got a quote from Allianz but everything was in Hungarian and I've not got any further with it as I didn't know what cover I was getting. I also got a quote from an Aegon agent I heard of via the Balaton Britons mailing list. He did provide English language information but the level of cover seemed poor.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:52 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Did they have policy information in English? I got a quote from Allianz but everything was in Hungarian and I've not got any further with it as I didn't know what cover I was getting. I also got a quote from an Aegon agent I heard of via the Balaton Britons mailing list. He did provide English language information but the level of cover seemed poor.
Phone Allianz and ask them to send you a copy in English, shouldn't be a problem.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 3:45 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Fib, just found the English copy of Allianz's insurance offers, terms and conditions - do you want me to email you it?
Old Jun 17th 2013, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

phatbiker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House Insurance

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a decent house insurance company/policy

Also things to look out for etc when taking it out
Old Jun 17th 2013, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Allianz, there is one in Keszthely but sure there is a branch near you. House/car insurance in my opinion is very good
Old Jun 17th 2013, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

phatbiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Live in Iregszemcse so would need to see where nearest office is
Old Jun 17th 2013, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is with Uniqa.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Try to make sure you get an adequate level of cover. I got some quotes but the 3rd party cover (i.e. injury to neighbours or whatever) seemed very poor. I still need to get insurance as I didn't come up with anything that seemed satisfactory. I thought my new entrance door with 5 point locking would be a plus point for security but it seems to be regarded as an added risk, as it is UPVC whereas the old door was metal.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by phatbiker
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a decent house insurance company/policy

Also things to look out for etc when taking it out
I use Aegon which was suggested to me by an agent when we bought our property...even though they probably got a nice fat commission from it and the agent was dodgy as hell (ahem...lets not get on to that again)...Aegon themselves have turned out to be good (not sure if competitive though). When our house was struck by lightening last year which hit the electrics and blew up our laptops...they were quick to pay out. Note...during any storm unplug your electrics especially laptops. There is a blocker thing you can buy from MediaMarket if not
Old Jun 17th 2013, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Polgardi
I use Aegon which was suggested to me by an agent when we bought our property...even though they probably got a nice fat commission from it and the agent was dodgy as hell (ahem...lets not get on to that again)...Aegon themselves have turned out to be good (not sure if competitive though). When our house was struck by lightening last year which hit the electrics and blew up our laptops...they were quick to pay out. Note...during any storm unplug your electrics especially laptops. There is a blocker thing you can buy from MediaMarket if not
Agent as in 'property agent' not the insurance agent....