Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

HOUSE/CONTENTS INSURANCE

HOUSE/CONTENTS INSURANCE

Old Oct 15th 2020, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute
Default HOUSE/CONTENTS INSURANCE

My Policy with Allianz is nearly due, it seems expensive. Has anyone got details of what they consider good value fee for for house shell/contents insurance. I prefer, within reason, all risks. I tried online with Allianz as though i was a new customer using the English page but when you go to the forms to complete it is Hungarian. Any decent, honest insurance agents out there who can be trusted. thank you...apologies for the upper case subject matter.

Last edited by enter; Oct 15th 2020 at 4:04 pm. Reason: capitals
Old Oct 15th 2020, 5:18 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HOUSE/CONTENTS INSURANCE

Originally Posted by enter
My Policy with Allianz is nearly due, it seems expensive. Has anyone got details of what they consider good value fee for for house shell/contents insurance. I prefer, within reason, all risks. I tried online with Allianz as though i was a new customer using the English page but when you go to the forms to complete it is Hungarian. Any decent, honest insurance agents out there who can be trusted. thank you...apologies for the upper case subject matter.
Try Generali, they do Household Insurance. They have some English speaking Customer Service Reps.

https://www.generali.hu/eng
Old Oct 16th 2020, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Try Generali, they do Household Insurance. They have some English speaking Customer Service Reps.

https://www.generali.hu/eng
If you have any problems message me and I could put you in touch with friends son who works for them and can speak English. I will have to ask him first but I'm sure he'll be keen to help. It might not be his area of insurance but hey, could always try.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by enter
When you say expensive are you comparing the HU cost with UK cost? In HU I'd be very happy if my building and household contents insurance was half my old UK house insurance, which was £1,000+ .
Old Oct 16th 2020, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for your help.
I have been in touch with Allianz and story cut short, they will cancel my old contract and re-issue a new one which will be cheaper.
They have asked the date the building was constructed but I cannot find that date on the Deeds nor sales agreement. Does anyone know where it is or do I have to go to my local registry office (Marcali) to get that info, I know the plot number.
Thank you