Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Hi I'm new to the forum

Hi I'm new to the forum

Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

soapmaker will become famous soon enough
Default Hi I'm new to the forum

Well, since I don't have 3 posts, I cannot send a PM, I will write here.

I am not a Brit, I am a Hungarian who grew up in California and have been living in Hungary for the last 18 years. I found this forum while searching for a job that requires the use of English language.
Reading Hotpots thread I thought it may be useful if I answer. So that's how I got here.
I also like to communicate in English, so i am happy to have found this forum, and maybe can make some contact with some English speaking people living around Keszthely.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:35 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi I'm new to the forum

Hi soapmaker, I moved your post to a new thread.

I hope you stay around as I am sure you have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share.
There are many Brits living in the Keszthely area, in fact, there is a fun dog show organised for the 27th of June (just outside Keszthely) and many Brits in the area will be there. It is open to everyone - even if you don't have a dog. If you are interested I can PM the details to you.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 6:42 am
Just Joined

Thank you Rural for the invitation!
Yes, please send me the information on the dog show, my kids will surely enjoy it!

Have a nice day!
Old Jun 20th 2010, 9:39 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Have PM'd the details
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

lilyflower is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am also new to the forum, I saw your thread and thought I would say hello.
We have been living here for nearly 2 years and I am struggling with the language, but will be starting formal hungarian lessons in a few weeks time, so fingers crossed!!
I was hoping to find information about dog kennels, we have so far failed to find one so have only been able to return to the UK one at a time, one of us dog sitting for our 2 collies! We live in a small village near Dombovar, any information would be much appreciated
Really like this site, have spent the last 2 hours reading lots of different threads..great!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:27 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Lilyflower and welcome to BE and the Hungarian forum
If you haven't done so already, you might like to visit the Welcome Inn for lots of useful information on using the site.
If you need any assistance, there are always moderators and concierges about who are more than happy to help, I am the concierge for the Hungarian forum and you can contact me here

Unfortunately, the only British run kennels I know of has just closed. The Hungarian ones I have heard of, I would not recommend. Have you tried a google search for kennels in your area?

Good luck and I hope you find the forums useful.
Rural
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Hi Lilyflower!

Sorry, but I didn't find any usable information on dog kennels around Dombovar, all I found was near BP, and they didn't know anyone either.
Good luck!

Originally Posted by lilyflower
Hi I am also new to the forum, I saw your thread and thought I would say hello.
We have been living here for nearly 2 years and I am struggling with the language, but will be starting formal hungarian lessons in a few weeks time, so fingers crossed!!
I was hoping to find information about dog kennels, we have so far failed to find one so have only been able to return to the UK one at a time, one of us dog sitting for our 2 collies! We live in a small village near Dombovar, any information would be much appreciated
Really like this site, have spent the last 2 hours reading lots of different threads..great!