Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Hi guys - new question

Hi guys - new question

Old Sep 30th 2023, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Hungary Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi guys - new question

So is it possible to have Hungarian health service insurance TAJ and UK NHS insurance at the same time?

My Hungarian wife says no, I doubt her understanding but who knows?
Old Sep 30th 2023, 6:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi guys - new question

Originally Posted by Hungary Boy
So is it possible to have Hungarian health service insurance TAJ and UK NHS insurance at the same time?

My Hungarian wife says no, I doubt her understanding but who knows?
Where will you be resident? You're not eligible to use the NHS for non-emergency care unless you're actually living in the UK.
Old Sep 30th 2023, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Hungary Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Idea being to stay resident in UK but PAY TAJ for Hungarian health insurance at the same time.
Old Sep 30th 2023, 10:44 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Idea being to stay resident in UK but PAY TAJ for Hungarian health insurance at the same time.
Your name should be greedy boy not Hungary Boy.

Best of both worlds is not possible thank goodness.

Rosemary
Old Sep 30th 2023, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

How do you intend to remain resident in the UK if you live in Hungary.......?
Old Nov 3rd 2023, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

You can't access Hungary Health Care if you live in UK or are permanent resident in UK. If you can get the successor to EHIC card you can access Hungarian health care but not if you are living in Hungary as "permanent " resident. Hungarian health care are very strict .... if you try to pull a fast one ... good luck!
I use private health care but recently had to attend A&E. They took copies of all my I.D. and other cards. Very strict.
Due to Brexit ..... you cannot join Hungarian healthcare fund without paying into TAJ ....
Old Nov 5th 2023, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I actually nearly died due to problems with transferring from one state health service to another. When I moved from Hungary to Croatia I was told that they needed a form E104, issued in Hungary, stating that I was no longer subscribed to the Hungary state health service. That form did not come so I was without any health cover. Meanwhile I got carbon monoxide poisoning due to a blocked stove flue and that turned to pneumonia. I resisted going to a doctor until I was very ill but thankfully my neighbour intervened and took me to the nearest GP. I contacted the British Embassy in Budapest and they managed to get the E104 thing organised.
Old Nov 5th 2023, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I actually nearly died due to problems with transferring from one state health service to another. When I moved from Hungary to Croatia I was told that they needed a form E104, issued in Hungary, stating that I was no longer subscribed to the Hungary state health service. That form did not come so I was without any health cover. Meanwhile I got carbon monoxide poisoning due to a blocked stove flue and that turned to pneumonia. I resisted going to a doctor until I was very ill but thankfully my neighbour intervened and took me to the nearest GP. I contacted the British Embassy in Budapest and they managed to get the E104 thing organised.
Phew - you must have been very stressed out waiting for that E104 form ... and then .... almost dying because of the blocked flue .....

I better move our carbon monoxide monitor to where it should be ..... in the cellar where boiler is and not in the kitchen where there are no gas appliances!!