Reload this Page >

Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

Old Sep 11th 2015, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

mattcl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

Hi

I am posting on behalf of a friend of mine who purchased a property over 5 years ago via Sutton Kersh Abroad and has lost the paperwork in relation to the purchase. The property is in

Nagyatád
Hungary

We are looking to renovate the property and then sell it. Does anybody know how we can obtain the paperwork to get this done? Also, any Solicitors which could help me in that area who can speak English that you know of.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 11th 2015, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

Hi
If you go to the local Land Office with the address of the property you can either see for free or purchase a copy of the title deeds. (Unlike the UK property ownership is public information) The deeds will show the ownership history of the property.

The Land Office also should have a copy of the purchase contract but this should not be necessary as in law what is registered on the title deeds is taken as fact.

There are 2 types of copies a slightly cheaper version is just a print out of the deeds, the more expensive version is authenticated and stamped. (I don't know current prices but last time I needed a copy it was about 15 pounds) You will need the authenticated copy when you want to sell the property but it has to be less than 30 days old. (Plus certified authority if you are also acting for your friend in the sale of the property).

You can order copies of deeds and pay for them on line but this will need Hungarian as there is no English language option.

If no one here knows a solicitor in your area then the Land Office may be able to help.

If you are going to employ trades people to renovate then take care about what you are charged. Current rates should be about 2000HUF per hour per person e.g. a builder and 2 labourers I would expect to be about 6000HUF per hour, ditto plumbers and electricians.

I don't know how much you know about Hungary but the housing market is not like the UK and property can take a long time to sell and generally expensive renovations will not recover their costs

Lots of threads here about property, renovating and estate agents, worth reading.