Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Hello! New in Budapest.

Hello! New in Budapest.

Old Feb 22nd 2014, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello! New in Budapest.

Hello,

I've just moved to Budapest with my Hungarian wife and entered the house move hell with an ever expanding chaos of boxes.......

I have a few questions that I was wondering if people had up to date info or advice about.

Has anyone done an introductory language course in Budapest and how did you find it and is there any opinion as to the better ones?

I know many people here are retired but has anyone been active in the job market and is there any sign of positivity? I have two good degrees in Geological Sciences but it has been an uphill struggle even in the UK.

Apologies for the poor diction but I haven't had much sleep.......

My wife has been in the UK since 2004 so there are lots of things she can't answer!! I've been looking at this forum for a while but have just decided to register. Over the last 5 years I have been to Budapest a lot so have the basics down. It's the bureaucracy that gets me all hot and bothered!
Old Feb 24th 2014, 7:49 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello! New in Budapest.

Hi and welcome to the BE forums, as concierge for the Hungarian section, feel free to contact me should you need any help on using the forum.

Not being from Budapest, I don't have a lot of knowledge on things in the city and hopefully one of our Budapest users will come along shortly to reply.

I know there is a large expat community in Budapest and many meet regularly for English speaking nights, quiz nights etc - try a google search for Budapest English speaking night, it should through up a few results.

Best of luck