hello

Old Mar 27th 2011, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

derbycold is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hello

just say hello,we are in derbyshire uk and have a place in the ballaton area.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 12:23 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello

Hi and welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy visiting here.

I see on another thread that you are selling your property, you might like to look at the classified section of BE where you can list your property for sale as we try to keep the forums ad free.

If you need any help, there is always someone around to assist.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

hi,thanx for the offer, i cant see where i have mensioned its for sale.allthough it is but i would of course put it in the right section,however i do have questions to ask that might be of interest to others.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 5:20 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Derbycold, just intuition Most new users wouldn't ask someone to PM their phone number if they didn't have something to sell

How long have you had a place here?
Old Mar 27th 2011, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

mmmmmmmmmmmmm,6-7 years, one thing for sure is i will either buy another or not sell this one,i love hungary and it is part of my life,i,am not a "chancer".just get the fly balaton re-enstated and i,ll be there most weekends.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 7:01 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by derbycold
just get the fly balaton re-enstated and i,ll be there most weekends.

If only! Can't believe we might be without it for another year

So after 6-7 years, how well do you speak the language
Old Mar 27th 2011, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

not mastered that one but my new friends can speak a colourfull version of english.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Shotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the rough

I too find the language nearly impossible. I have learned the basics - hello. goodbye, yes, no, please, thank you, do you speak English, etc.

I also have friends in Czeck Republic who speak English, but their father can't, so we are both going to learn Esperanto in order to converse. Even I will be able to learn this simple (relatively speaking) language.

I have read that it is taught in some Hungarian schools. Does anyone know if this is the case. I suppose it will be like anywhere else and not very well known.

I was in Hungary/Slovakia/Cz R. last week and the weather was great, hope it continues.

RP.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

yes me too,just enough to get through,my friend lives there and it took him years to master it.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

My plan is to initially try and learn German as that seems to be the most common second language amongst the Hungarians west of lake Balaton, where I will be going. German has a lot of words that sound similar to the English equivalent but are spelt differently.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:30 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Probably better to try and learn Hungarian as though many speak German, few speak it to a higher level. Also, the Hungarians will appreciate the effort you are putting into learning their language.