Hello

Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough
Smile Hello

Hi we are new to this forum. We have had a house in Zalavar since May 2008. We only use the house as a holiday home but spend as much time there as we can. We really like the Balaton region and are getting to know our way about. We could do with some advice on a couple of things we are driving over at easter and leaving a spare car over here but need to get ourselves back to Balatonstgyorgy to catch the train back to Budapest (Feringy Airport). does anyone know a reliable taxi company around say Keszthely that could take us from Zalavar to Balatonstgyorgy - preferably one that speaks at least a small amount of english as although we do speak some hungarian we are not that good yet ! Or alternatively does anyone know about a coach that comes from somewhere in budapest to Keszthely - or had any experience of using the coaches in Hungary... we are really hopeful that the FlyBalaton airport comes back into full operation as soon as possible as this is really only a 5 minute drive from our house and was one of the reasons that we brought our property where we did - good old Ryanair went and ruined that from what we can see. Really good to hear from any of you - we did meet a couple in Tesco in Keszthely on Saturday where we heard about this website. Thanks Les and Jenn
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:25 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Hi Les and Jenn, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I do not know about buses for Keszthely though I am sure they do exist and hopefully someone else will be able to help. I do know there are regular daily buses from Zalakaros to Budapest which my daughter says is quicker and more comfortable than the train, if you need more information let me know.
Like yourselves, one of the reasons we chose our village was because of its proximity (10 minutes) to the airport as my daughter at at uni in the UK and visits regularly

If you are in Hungary on the 19th of March, there are a few couples getting together for a drink (bite to eat) and a chat in Balatonsentgyorgy, it should be a nice evening.