Haulage Costs

Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Haulage Costs

Does anyone know of any cheap and realiable haulage companies for when we relocate from the UK to Hungary, and an idea of costs? All comments/advice welcome!

Many thanks
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Haulage Costs

Hello Polgardi,

I am with you on this one, I enquired on the web only last week requesting a rough guide to haulage costs to Lake Balaton but the haulage company has yet to answer which is not very good customer service. We want to know is it worth bringing stuff over or buy new in Hungary. Sorry cant help on this one.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking at buying a long wheelbase Transit and doing the move in a couple of trips. I don't mind doing additional trips to help others move if they were willing to do a share of the driving.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:07 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I'm looking at buying a long wheelbase Transit and doing the move in a couple of trips. I don't mind doing additional trips to help others move if they were willing to do a share of the driving.
I think this is the best option and you should be able to sell it on and get your money, or at least some of it back, I'm looking for one for myself now.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Thats a good idea actually!! Thank you
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:27 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend shipping over furniture etc in April, will try and find out the cost and who they are using.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:58 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

I may have a van coming from the UK in February or early March empty
Old Jan 19th 2011, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Rural, that would be very handy to know.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:54 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Will try and find out Richard.

Anonimouse, do you pass Darlington? I have another friend near there looking for someone to bring over rugs, paintings and (I think) a couple of bits of furniture.

Don't suppose you fancy bringing me over a transit engine
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Will try and find out Richard.

Anonimouse, do you pass Darlington? I have another friend near there looking for someone to bring over rugs, paintings and (I think) a couple of bits of furniture.

Don't suppose you fancy bringing me over a transit engine
I'm happy to help out if I can so long as it's legal and if it helps my costs a little, the van will be empty coming from Lincoln area, Driver would need a lift with an engine though, keep in touch Via Pm's.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:11 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Will PM you
Old Jan 20th 2011, 1:19 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Reply from my friend :

"Hi, the 2 removal firms with lower prices that we found are ASPININTERNATIONAL and MOVECORP. We spoke to both and each was under £1000 plus VAT and insurance. Movecorp's included packing, listing and unloading in Hungary and we thought they sounded more professional. Many companies do not do Hungary, Europe to them is just France , Spain and Portugal. One company quoted 4 times this amount! We think we will use Movecorp."

I can't recommend either company having never used their services but hope this helps