Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

A great resource!

A great resource!

Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default A great resource!

I have been a member of this forum for a few years now, and I just don't know what I would have done without access to all the wonderful resources and help I have found here.

From car registration to address cards...to dare I say it cess pits

Whenever I have had a question 99% of the time I have had it answered or my problem solved thanks to this forum. I must also say Rural has been a great moderator throughout as well as being a font of a lot of useful knowledge about Hungary.

Therefore it is a shame that of late there appears to be some shenanigans going on...I don't know what it is or why or who....but from some strange posts and deleted things here and there....I can only assume this is the case...and I don"t care for it much.

Please can we all get the forum back 'on message' and help and support each other, the way it should be.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 7:03 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A great resource!

Thanks Pol, I agree. There have been times I step back for a few weeks and it goes flat so I pop on again and crank the handle, nice to be appreciated for it and likewise, I appreciate all you lot and the support so many of you have shown through this "blip".
I would never expect anybody to post what they PM me as nobody needs involved in drama, life is enough for most of us and so I appreciate even more you taking the time to do so.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 7:22 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to add, it would be such a shame to see a resource like this fall by the way over such shenanigans.
Many people arrive in Hungary knowing nobody having left their friends and family behind, some even feel so alone that they carry their name and contact details on pieces of paper, approaching anybody speaking English in the hope they will contact them. That makes me feel really sad......
As many of us know, the expat club scene isn't for everybody and so forums provide a different venue for social contact.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 7:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

To be clear here.

I am the moderator for Europe & so for Hungary. I have been the moderator for a while now in this area in case you all missed it. I've been a BE moderator for many years & am what is called a 'super-moderator'. It does not make me 'powerful or 'special' . Like all moderators and concierge's it is a voluntary post because we share the wish to help and share. Sue of BE admin is all about the caring and the sharing too. That is why she & her husband started BE.

So.As a Super-moderator I get to see all the crud, the rubbish, the spam, in-fighting , bickering and also some really quite mental weird stuff too all over BE.

Probably I should have introduced myself but really didn't think I should have needed to make my presence known, in that way, here on this wee forum.

Sue is BE admin. Rural Hungary is Concierge

Yes. I know it doesn't show because of the technical aftermath from the site upgrade.

So. As this thread has been started , perhaps this is where I should add my input. I had thought in the past few days to start my own thread about this but here will do just as well for now.

BE is here to help, share and be welcoming. That is what it is for. If a good discussion or debate or a quality chat happens along the way ,then that is all to the good.

What it is not for is for private , off BE , personal issues & battles to be played out on here.

I don't care how it is peddled & I am a pass master and spotting the rubbish. Direct remarks. Insidious sideswipes. Thinly disguised innuendos.

I've seen plenty of in-expat group squabbles, in all manner of countries & it does no credit to bring all that to here. Take it off BE . Keep it off BE and you know what , sort it out privately, civilly, like adults.

I am with Polgardi on this. I don't know what is moving behind the scenes and I do not want to know. When you enter BE , leave whatever it is at the door.

I hope I am clear on this and a huge shame that it has needed to be written at all.

I will leave this thread open for a while. Any issues with what I have written . Take it to PM or BE email.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Completely agree with Polgardi about this forum. I'm yet to move over to Hungary but am a frequent .... well, once/twice yearly visitor to stay with my wife's family. It's not always easy asking my wife about any thing in Hungary because she has been here for over 20+ years. Things can get lost in translation if I ask my wife to ask her family in Hungary because we use different words/wording.

Before I joined this forum I was clueless about Hungary. Reading travel books doesn't always provide you with the information you want ....

I'm very confident that when I finally make the move things will go alot smoother apart from a few hiccups.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 12:29 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

In the beginning there was but one thread,
from that thread grew many others, all different, all unique,
together they wove a tapestry of knowledge, awareness and sharing,
as it grew new threads replaced the old but the tapestry retained it's vibrancy, it's strength and continued to comfort and help those who came seeking
In the beginning there was but one thread, now, there are many

Don't worry, I'm not giving up the day job and you have no idea how hard my daughter is laughing at me - she can pack the rest of her stuff herself!!

When all is said and done, on every forum no matter the subject, nobody will ever agree with everything written - unless you're llareggub and posting on a forum of clones
Old Jun 17th 2014, 12:52 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polgardi

Please can we all get the forum back 'on message' and help and support each other, the way it should be.
Originally Posted by BEVS
I am with Polgardi on this. I don't know what is moving behind the scenes and I do not want to know. When you enter BE , leave whatever it is at the door.
I totally agree with both of these comments.

Bringing personal/business issues that take place away from BE have no place here, and to bring them to this forum does a disservice to other members who are not involved. If it continues then we will have to remove people's posting privileges, and truly I hate doing that.

Thanks