Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Good Quality Tool suppliers

Good Quality Tool suppliers

Old Mar 9th 2021, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good Quality Tool suppliers

Wondering if there was a Hungarian equivalent of Screwfix that is reliable and with decent quality? Just done an internal audit and most of my spanners are missuing and I cannot see head or tail of the socket set.

Yay.

Wondering if there is life beyond OBI etc for sourcing good quality tools that will last more than 5 minutes. Onviously this is for two weeks time!
Old Mar 9th 2021, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

jetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Quality Tool suppliers

Used to be able to buy from screwfix.eu but you can’t at the moment ☹️

Old Mar 9th 2021, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jetsam1
Wondering if there was a Hungarian equivalent of Screwfix that is reliable and with decent quality? Just done an internal audit and most of my spanners are missuing and I cannot see head or tail of the socket set.

Yay.

Wondering if there is life beyond OBI etc for sourcing good quality tools that will last more than 5 minutes. Onviously this is for two weeks time!
I have always found the brand of tool more important than the shop it came from. It depends what you are needing from your tools. A life time of use professional tools are always going to be expensive on the other hand Lidi's Parkside are good enough for occasional amateur use although things like their lazer levels I have found to be very good at what they do and with care good enough for years of shelf building. Lots of online shops available although I have found a local tool shop that carries a good variety of tools at varying qualities that are competitive or better than online shops (and cheaper than OBI) I have also have a fixings and screws shop for small quantities and a wholesaler for box quantities (which I usually buy) all within 10km. I know not much good to you given the distance between us but the message is to look around locally as well as online.
BTW Screwfix have suspended deliveries to the EU quoting Covid as the excuse.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 7:09 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Yay.

Good luck sourcing quality spanners,..... socket sets etc here in Hungary. I wound up buying all I needed from eBay Germany because I could not find anything worth purchasing here. No doubt there is someone that knows a source but I never found it. There is probably a vendor but looking online I founf mostly shops that claimed to have stock and when you call them or go around for a look they always tell you they will have to order it. Most of these merchants really are just fantasy shops stocking nothing and ordering ONLY what you want after you pay them online.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am looking for hand tools!

The stock thing really annoys me too! Wouldn't be great having to buy from Germany really....
Old Mar 10th 2021, 6:22 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am looking for hand tools!

The stock thing really annoys me too! Wouldn't be great having to buy from Germany really....
Maybe Duztee will chime in and know of an actual stockist.

You can also buy from the UK eBay site but now that we are officially out of the EU everything gets a hefty import tax if it comes from outside the EU, that is why I suggested the German eBay site. I know there is nothing like being able to walk into a shop and put your hands the merchandise before you spend your money. I was after some DeWalt cordless items a few years ago and was going to be near Budapest so I contacted several so called merchants that turned up in an internet search and had someone call them and not one of them was an actual brick and mortar shoppe., they were just resellers that stocked nothing but could order the stuff after you paid. Basically they were selling stuff from their houses. at least 2 of them were located in Budapest hi rise apartment blocks. I wound up just ordering them from an UK eBay seller because I already knew what I wanted. I bought a bunch of spanners and other hand tools that way also.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

I suppose it is the likes of Praktiker and OBI then really. I will ask about locally and see. Power tools I am ok with though a more powerful cordless drill might be an idea later.

I am flummoxed as to where all my spanners have gone to. I may be blaming my 5 year old!
Old Mar 10th 2021, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should be able to use AMAZON.DE easily in HU.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
You can also buy from the UK eBay site but now that we are officially out of the EU everything gets a hefty import tax if it comes from outside the EU, that is why I suggested the German eBay site.
2 weeks ago I ordered some car spares from the UK (Land Rover bits are typically less than 1/2 the price compared to Hungary). The goods were supplied without UK VAT and the import duty charged here was a bit less than the Hungarian AFA. You have to take care that the UK supplier doesn't do a rip-off for transport and customs paperwork.

The terms of the Brexit deal is that goods are quota and duty free. The system is that from UK it is without VAT and the importing country charges its own AFA. Additional costs could be to cover extra paperwork at the UK end - so check when doing online shopping.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 12:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by calman014

It is not a problem at all to use the German Amazon site or for that matter any of the eBay sites just log into them just like you do the UK site. You can use google translate if you don't understand the words just copy and paste them into google search. I have bought stuff from the German eBay a few times.
Old Mar 12th 2021, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

heli2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

local online shops like https://truperszerszam.hu/ are ok
Old Mar 15th 2021, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calman014
I recently ordered something from Amazon.de . Delivery is not as fast as UK so bear that in mind.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bah. Looks like my Estwing hammer has vanished. Really odd...... It was my Dad`s and certainly not cheap. Not sure about replacing it as Estwing do not appear to be sold in Hungary. US made too.

Bah.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 4:02 pm
Banned

Bah. Looks like my Estwing hammer has vanished. Really odd...... It was my Dad`s and certainly not cheap. Not sure about replacing it as Estwing do not appear to be sold in Hungary. US made too.

Bah.

I bought my Estwing off of the eBay UK site a few years ago. Certainly if you fancy an Estwing you can source one from their.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
I bought my Estwing off of the eBay UK site a few years ago. Certainly if you fancy an Estwing you can source one from their.
Actually checking on the German Amazon site! A few in stock. I am afraid I went off ebay big style around 2008. If I can sell a guitar this weekend i will have to see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.