Well Tax

Old Oct 28th 2018, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

JBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well Tax

Has anyone heard of a new tax in relation to wells & have any further information ? TIA
Old Oct 29th 2018, 7:09 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well Tax

Speaking of wells. Is it permissible to fill in an old hand dug well? I have an old well that needs to be filled in and was thinking about filling it in because it is too near a septic tank drainfield and tank. It is a brick lined hand dug well. There is also some subsidence of the ground around it. What I was considering was filling it in with dirt and then pouring a concrete lid over the top of it. It is about 35-40 feet deep. It does have about 3 feet of water in the bottom. If we cannot legally DIY this project whom has to be contacted in the government or anyone know a company in Somogy/Baranya County that does this? Thanks
Old Oct 29th 2018, 9:32 am
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Speaking of wells. Is it permissible to fill in an old hand dug well? I have an old well that needs to be filled in and was thinking about filling it in because it is too near a septic tank drainfield and tank. It is a brick lined hand dug well. There is also some subsidence of the ground around it. What I was considering was filling it in with dirt and then pouring a concrete lid over the top of it. It is about 35-40 feet deep. It does have about 3 feet of water in the bottom. If we cannot legally DIY this project whom has to be contacted in the government or anyone know a company in Somogy/Baranya County that does this? Thanks
we have 3 wells and just concreted over the tops because of young kids
Old Oct 29th 2018, 12:20 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

There is a concrete well house now with a concrete top. It has subsided about 20cm to one side. I was thinking about just demolishing the concrete well house that sticks up about 1 metre after filling the well in and then eventually pouring a new concrete cover at ground level for safety and aesthetic reasons. The water is not fit for human consumption and nearly every well on the street is that way. We eventually plan to have a new well drilled in another spot that will enter a deeper source. We have good community water but would like a well as a back up that is sourced from a better stream.
Old Oct 29th 2018, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

rickster000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JBinhungary
Has anyone heard of a new tax in relation to wells & have any further information ? TIA
I own neither a property nor a well so I am not sure why I remember, but I have definitely heard or read of this somewhere recently.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Old Oct 29th 2018, 7:20 pm
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road

Are you sure it's not municipal wells, as taxing individually owned wells in your garden sounds unlikely (though less likely for landowners). See BBC story from 2013

Several thousand Roma (Gypsies) have had their water supplies cut off or reduced in a dispute with the council in the northern Hungarian town of Ozd.

Ozd's council did not directly accuse local Roma, but said residents were wasting water and it could no longer afford to operate pumps and wells.

Many Roma in eastern Europe depend on roadside pumps, as they are too poor to pay for running water in their homes.

Temperatures in northern Hungary can reach 40C (104F) during the summer.

Last Friday, the local water authority in Ozd implemented a decision taken by the town council in June to turn off 28 pumps completely, and reduce the pressure in a further 60, says the BBC's Nick Thorpe in Budapest.

The mayor, Pal Furjes, said the council could no longer afford the 50,000-euro (£43,000) annual water bill from all the pumps in the town, and accused locals of abusing wells to wash their cars and fill swimming pools.

The Roma, who make up about a third of Ozd's population of 36,000, deny the allegations and are organising protests.

Our correspondent says hundreds of people have had to queue at roadside wells in Ozd to collect a trickle of water.

Wells have also been disconnected or water pressure reduced in at least two other towns in north-eastern Hungary.

Mr Furjes and the council are from Hungary's ruling conservative Fidesz party, which has previously been accused of failing to do enough to tackle anti-Roma racism and vigilante attacks in the country.
Old Oct 29th 2018, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

My wife just told me:
Yes, there is a tax - but only for new wells (kut) that have been dug in 2016 or later.
Old wells can be used as before.

A bit OT:
My house also had a well, when I bought it I let the carpenter (ágy) build a nice little roof over it.
Then one early spring after a winter with lots of snow (must have been 2001 or 2002) we had a kind of flood - the snow that still was on the ground was melted by a real torrent of rain and the waters flowed through the concrete rings which obviously had some gaps in between.- filling it with sand ...
In the end we had our well filled with sand and part of our lawn was swept away - we had the builder fill it up with earth. I didn't bother with having the sand removed - to prevent this from happening again we would have had to install new concrete rings or whatever.
The reason for all this:
The Balaton once was much bigger, so all the villages near the Balaton have sediments, consisting mainly of sand instead of "real earth" - we've used lots of compost on our lower ground, but it'snotmuch use.
The part of the garden higher up however has a very good soil, ideal for all kinds of plants!
Old Oct 29th 2018, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point

Wolfi - Send my regards to your bed and to your carpenter (ács) too!
Old Oct 30th 2018, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Szeged, thanks for the correction!
I'm still having problems with the Hungarian language obviously - one of them is the difference between spelling and pronunciation and prononciation (in French) ...
And there are so many similar sounding words ...