Reload this Page >

Garden mowing service cost

Garden mowing service cost

Old Apr 2nd 2022, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

dream2931 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Garden mowing service cost

Hello everyone.

want to check if you could share your experience related to what is the reasonable on-going cost to do garden mowing (grass cutting) for the area approx 1000 sq m? Want to get an idea, so nobody could take advantage of us

Thanks in advance

Last edited by dream2931; Apr 2nd 2022 at 11:45 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2022, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Garden mowing service cost

I have 2673 sq metres of grassland which I have strimmed every three weeks From April until the beginning of October. It's done by a father and son who take just under two hours to do the lot. Costs me 8000 HUF but doesn't include raking up the cut grass.
Old Apr 4th 2022, 3:23 am
Just Joined

dream2931 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. appreciate the info, very helpful
Old Apr 4th 2022, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

What will make a difference is whose machine is used. With the example that Sachina quoted above at 4000 huf / hour I would expect that to be their machine and fuel. If it is your machine then I would expect not more than 1500 huf / hour. The problem with 1000 sq m is that it is a small area so possibly more travel time than work time.

Last year we had a chap who worked after his regular job and charged 1500 / hour with my machines and 2500 / hour with his strimmer - which I thought was v. good value so when it was tractoring it was my tractor but strimming I reckoned it wasn't worth the wear and tear + fuel to use my strimmer so I paid him to use his machine.

Last edited by Peter_in_Hungary; Apr 4th 2022 at 4:28 am.
Old Apr 4th 2022, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Additional hours may be needed due to the height of the grass if not mowed, strimmed or whatever regularly.