Funeral

Old Oct 21st 2022, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Funeral

We went to a funeral yesterday. Our third in two years. Yesterday was for my wife's best friend mother. A Hungarian language interpreter was organised. My HSL is pretty basic so couldn't follow everything. I did catch one sign which is universal ..... for Jesus. That's tapping the middle finger of one hand on the palm of your other hand and then the same the opposite.
Felt pretty sad that the previous two funerals were for my wife's parents. No sign language interpreter but we did have a "script" of the service but I'm certain bits were missed out. Ah, well, never mind .... families don't always get it right.
The one thing I've been amazed about is the short history of the deceased. I can't remember if similar happens in UK and to be honest I was always left to fend for myself at family or friends funerals so never had a clue what was said during the service. After my father's funeral I did manage to get hold of the notes about my father's history. It was quite embarrassing my father's last occupation job title had been embellished. I forget what it was changed to. He was a fork lift driver. The Wake wasn't very pleasant either mainly due to lack of deaf awareness.
Ah, well, all in the past. Onwards and upwards.

Old Oct 23rd 2022, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funeral

Funerals are better than weddings.........
Shorter service and you don't have to take a present!
Old Oct 23rd 2022, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duztee
Funerals are better than weddings.........
Shorter service and you don't have to take a present!
At weddings the guests talk about the crazy things the groom or bride got up to. At funerals not so much!

I felt sorry for my friend whose mother's funeral it was. No compassionate leave. She had to go to work on the evening of learning her mother's death. In the build up to the funeral she was working off site, rushed home afterwards to prepare food for the Wake, then went to work in the evening. Yesterday she had to go to Budapest for meetings. Surely, someone else could have gone, i e. the boss!
Old Oct 23rd 2022, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been to a couple of Hungarian funerals, and yes it was difficult to work out what was being said about the deceased. But I found the wakes a lot better, I guess I was lucky that there were two or three Hungarian relatives or friends who spoke good English and were happy to talk with me, so I never felt left out. Infact one was in Tokaj, in your neck of the woods. It was a nice place to visit.