Funeral

Old Oct 13th 2019, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Tonymol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Funeral

My Father passed away yesterday in his sleep. I can’t get there in a week to organise a burial so can somebody advise me where there’s a crematorium in Vasmegye (Rum). Also what’s the costs are. Thanks
Old Oct 13th 2019, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funeral

Hi
My sympathy for your loss.

I have no personal knowledge of Rum in Vas county however a google search showed Rózsakereszt Temetkezés as being the closest to Rum. They are Undertakers. From personal experience in Hungary it is the Undertakers who will arrange for a cremation and can / will / should liaise with the authorities. I also suggest that you contact the Rum council for advice and support.

I suspect that your father will already have been taken to a mortuary by an Undertaker called at the time and unless you have any reasons not to go with this firm then it will be easier to continue with them.

In Hungary (for the 2 cremations from which I have knowledge) the actual cremating is not an event that the relatives witness or have any involvement but the undertaker does this privately and then gives the ashes in an urn to the relatives who are then free to have a service of their choice. Normal choices for the ashes are either to be interred, placed in a wall of remembrance or scattered.

The cost will depend on what is requested but a basic service should be less than 260 GBP

Last edited by Peter_in_Hungary; Oct 13th 2019 at 12:59 pm.