Fridge Freezers

Old Apr 9th 2021, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fridge Freezers

Does anyone know of a good Hungarian website for tall fridge freezers with energy efficiency rating of C or above up to the top A, A++, A+++ ? Only saw a few in Auchan with A++ or worse from B down to F. We're looking for a two metre high model, four shelves at bottom for freezer is mandatory for us.
I'm a bit unsure if due to improved energy efficiency the classification has reverted to the old grading system with a change to the efficiency bandings so A+++ would be A, A++ = B, A = C, etc.
Maybe I got it wrong.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fridge Freezers

Not a clue really, but Alza.hu web site offers 90+ Large freezers only 6 of which are A+++ rated and 10 more are A+ so they may be quite difficult to find me thinks.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the bad, bad EU has decided to have new classes G (red label) to A (green label) for all appliances, the timeline is different for the differt appliances like hoovers etc.
Since March 2021 fridges have to follow the new rules.
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pres...l/en/IP_21_818

This scale is stricter and designed so that very few products are initially able to achieve the “A” rating, leaving space for more efficient products to be included in the future. The most energy efficient products currently on the market will typically now be labelled as “B”, “C” or “D”.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a few C rated fridge freezers in Auchan but A+ or above below the size we want.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by duztee
Not a clue really, but Alza.hu web site offers 90+ Large freezers only 6 of which are A+++ rated and 10 more are A+ so they may be quite difficult to find me thinks.
Will have a look at this website.
Where have you duztee been? Not seen you here for a while.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Will have a look at this website.
Where have you duztee been? Not seen you here for a while.
Old age, Covid lockdowns, and winter hibernation, all lead to boredom and lack of interest.
I even left my 'Enter Hungary' application until now to avoid going out to interview in the sub zero temperatures.
And to be honest there have not been so many posts to comment on recently. But I am still here pottering about God's waiting room and checking the site occasionally.
Thanks for asking Fen.
I bought my large fridge/freezer from Mediamakt, but is large fridge and only small freezer for the kitchen, I have a separate large freezer in a different room, and just top up the kitchen one as needed. which might be another option if you have the space. Alza are a good company to deal with but be warned they will send you a shed load of advertising e-mails for a couple of weeks after a purchase.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duztee
I bought my large fridge/freezer from Mediamakt, but is large fridge and only small freezer for the kitchen, I have a separate large freezer in a different room, and just top up the kitchen one as needed. which might be another option if you have the space.
Same here!
It has several advantages.
You can put your freezer in the Speisz - the coldest room in the house.
And when you have to defrost to get rid of all that ice you move all the stuff to the other appliance - of course this only works when they're not both filled up ...
Also the separate freezer is colder than the one which is part of the fridge - better for long time storage.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 5:21 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

If you have room for a larger unit consider a side by side like I have just bought, and then get a separate deep freeze and stock up on frozen food when things are on sale. I just bought a new Samsung side by side on clearance at MediaMarkt and saved about 50,000 HUF, even has water and ice dispensers on the door.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

We have large half/half fridge/freezer in the kitchen and a further chest freezer and smaller 1 door freezer in the pig sty (which I have partially renovated). We do stock up and they are all full so we then live off what we have till more space. When I de-frost the freezer in the kitchen I turn off the unit plop the trays on the work tops covered in bin bags then put 2 bowls of boiled water in the freezer, shut the door, repeat the process. Then comes the hair dryer and towels to dry it out. Process takes about 30 mins, freezer trays back in, hey ho done, minimal faffing.

Old Apr 11th 2021, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I saw a few C rated fridge freezers in Auchan but A+ or above below the size we want.
https://www.klarstein.hu/Haztartasi-...RoCJ8cQAvD_BwE