Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Found in one of the outbuildings

Found in one of the outbuildings

Old Aug 22nd 2020, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Found in one of the outbuildings

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Gas fire! It was a coal fire when I was very much younger or before that the belfast sink in the kitchen.
And - a dining room, now there's posh!
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobgoblins
There was quite a lot of stuff in the attic when I bought my house although someone from the village had helped himself to some of it previously, leaving behind lots of books from the 1970s amongst other things. There was a box tucked away in a corner that he had missed and inside was this old radio ....

There was also this sledge in the attic which I painted and varnished along with this old threshing machine hidden under straw in the barn ... I will use special wood oil on it later to protect it !

There is a restaurant just around the corner from here, been closed for atleast five years, and they had shelves all around with old TVs (and radios I think). I've got some photos somewhere so hope to dig them out from the external drive.
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I also found this in the wood store and have since painted it and it looks really nice ! I am trying to find another one so I have a matching pair ... there must be lots of them sitting unwanted in outbuildings but finding them is another matter ! The couple over the lane discarded one last year on throw out day but unfortunately, there were two Roma lads with a van hiding around the corner and they pounced on it before I could ... !!

That bath looks really good. Fantastic colour.
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fen Tiger ... and apologies for hijacking your thread .... !!
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

A bit OT re coal fires:
I'll never forget the holiday when I took my first wife to Southern England in early spring in the 80s.
We wanted to see Stonehenge so we stopped at a pub in a nearby town (forgot the name), asked for a room and for dinner I ordered two hamburgers for me because I felt really hungry. The barman looked at me and said:
One of our burgers should be enough for you! And he was right.
It was quite cold outside but in a corner of the pub was an open fire, wood and lignite (what we call Braunkohle).
Old Aug 23rd 2020, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Fen Tiger ... and apologies for hijacking your thread .... !!
​​​​​I see your posts and the others as a great addition.