Flybalaton

Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:35 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flybalaton

Letter from SCD:-

Negotiations are close to end but as an airport we can not give
information until all contracts signed. The airline will announce the flights.
Before announcement we will not officially publish information. Beside we
do not want to give information that is not yet 100% accurate.

Henrietta Lasics Hontvari
FlyBalaton Airport

"Ah! Hence why you provided the extremely accurate information regards flights resuming in April!"
So basically, contracts are not signed and Ryanair will announce the flights, not Flybalaton.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Shotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the rough

We can still all be optimists.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 8:54 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shotgun, I don't think it is about being optimistic, there is every likelihood that contracts will be signed. However, when you have people waiting to organise their holidays based on the fact that they have been told, by Flybalaton, that flights will resume in April, it is rather frustrating that inaccurate information is being given and does nothing to build confidence in the company - especially considering the CAA fiasco.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hi Shotgun, I don't think it is about being optimistic, there is every likelihood that contracts will be signed. However, when you have people waiting to organise their holidays based on the fact that they have been told, by Flybalaton, that flights will resume in April, it is rather frustrating that inaccurate information is being given and does nothing to build confidence in the company - especially considering the CAA fiasco.
ABSOLUTELY AMAZED - I HAVE RECEIVED A REPLY FROM RYANAIR SEE BELOW

Dear Mrs ,

I acknowledge receipt of your letter received in our office on the 21s of February 2011

I apologise but I am not in a situation to say whether we may return to FlyBalaton airport in the near future however I would like to inform you that Ryanair are continuously looking at potential new routes throughout Europe. Currently, we have over 200 airports throughout Europe under evaluation and make new route announcements every quarter.

We have forwarded a copy of your letter to our New Routes Manager for his information and can assure all suggestions are given due consideration. All new route announcements are made through the news section of our website.

Yours sincerely

For and on Behalf of

RYANAIR LIMITED

Jordan Dooney

Customer Services

NOW WE HAVE DECIDE WHETHER HE IS JUST A MINION WHO DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT NEGOTIATIONS BETWEEN SCD AND RYANAIR ??????? YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE BALATON BRITS.......

JENN
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:34 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Jenn, I think he may just be a minion as I am sure I received a similar email ages ago but it also advised me to sign up to their newsletter for route updates. Reading the email, it appears that he is not even aware that negotiations are ongoing. However, it is promising that he says he will forward it to the New Routes Manager as they could quickly clarify the matter.
Not being pessimistic but I doubt that the route manager will divulge any information if negotiations are, as SCD group claim, still ongoing. Ryanair, I believe, will only make an announcement once negotiations are concluded. Let's just hope it is a positive outcome.

I don't doubt a budget airline will fly to Balaton, whether it be Ryanair or, preferably, another airline. It's just a matter of who and when

Thanks again for taking the time to contact people and updating us, just waiting for the day that you post "RYANAIR HAS LIVE FLIGHTS TO BALATON ON IT'S SITE"
Old Mar 24th 2011, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough

Hi Jenn, I think he may just be a minion as I am sure I received a similar email ages ago but it also advised me to sign up to their newsletter for route updates. Reading the email, it appears that he is not even aware that negotiations are ongoing. However, it is promising that he says he will forward it to the New Routes Manager as they could quickly clarify the matter.
Not being pessimistic but I doubt that the route manager will divulge any information if negotiations are, as SCD group claim, still ongoing. Ryanair, I believe, will only make an announcement once negotiations are concluded. Let's just hope it is a positive outcome.

I don't doubt a budget airline will fly to Balaton, whether it be Ryanair or, preferably, another airline. It's just a matter of who and when

Thanks again for taking the time to contact people and updating us, just waiting for the day that you post "RYANAIR HAS LIVE FLIGHTS TO BALATON ON IT'S SITE"

WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG !!! RYANAIR HAVE ANNOUNCED NEW CRETE FLIGHTS TODAY STARTING IN APRIL SO MAYBE IT WILL HAPPEN
Old Mar 24th 2011, 3:57 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Guess the contracts still aren't signed!

Yesterday, I read an article which stated that Ryanair would be commencing flights from Germany and Stanstead in May but the source was a local estate agent, probably trying to drum up business having received the same "May" email that everyone else did. So still no official confirmation.

I have to book flights for June and don't know whether to do so now from Zagreb, Graz or Budapest (whilst still affordable) or do I take the risk and wait until May?????????

Old Mar 24th 2011, 5:50 am
Just Joined

JackyB will become famous soon enoughJackyB will become famous soon enough

charter flight in the summer

Wednesday 11:55, February 16th, 2011

The FlyBalaton airport in Sármellék (W Hungary) will add a fortnightly Lufthansa Berlin charter flight to its summer schedule beginning in April, Mutsch Ungarn Reisen, the company that organizes charter flights between the airport and Germany, told MTI on Wednesday.

FlyBalaton will operate weekly Lufthansa charter flights from Frankfurt and Hamburg and biweekly Lufthansa charter flights from Berlin and Hamburg between April 14 and October 22, the company said. (MTI-Econews)

This is a paragraph from Budapest business journal , so where are UK flights, I wish they would hurry up ! also where is Fly balaton's website? I along with a lot of other people are getting really impatient.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:09 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Jacky, even when Ryanair pulled out before, Lufthansa and Germanwings still flew charter flights. Also, for a short while, a Bulgarian company. I believe Aeroflot is supposed to be starting charters this year. These are completely separate to Ryanair and as such, they wouldn't have mentioned them in the announcement.

Re the website : I was led to believe that there was initially an ownership dispute over the domain name though I think this is now resolved. Guessing they want to launch the new site with the flight schedule in place but if contracts aren't yet signed yet...... It is rather unprofessional
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:34 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Tibor Polgar of SC Airport Ltd has said "It remains doubtful as to whether Ryanair will fly this year to Sármellék. Although the parties have concluded an agreement, the contracting process has not yet been completed."

I translated this so it won't be 100% word for word, doesn't sound promising though.

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Mar 24th 2011 at 12:40 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Guess the contracts still aren't signed!

Yesterday, I read an article which stated that Ryanair would be commencing flights from Germany and Stanstead in May but the source was a local estate agent, probably trying to drum up business having received the same "May" email that everyone else did. So still no official confirmation.

I have to book flights for June and don't know whether to do so now from Zagreb, Graz or Budapest (whilst still affordable) or do I take the risk and wait until May?????????

BELOW FURTHER COMMUNICATION WITH SCD GROUP - WE HAVE THE SAME ISSUE FOR JUNE AND I THINK I WILL GO AHEAD AND BOOK - NOTHING LOOKS CONCRETE DOES IT ????

Dear ,
There are currently no new official information. Unofficially: the contracting process has not ended yet. As soon as we can communicate accurate information, we will do immediately.

Best regards,

Ivan Varkonyi
Old Mar 25th 2011, 2:25 am
I bite my thumb at thee

No, think I will do the same.

Tibor Polgar's announcement suggests that Ryanair are dragging their heels somewhat. Considering it is a short season here, were Ryanair intending to fly this year, I am sure they would be commencing flights sooner rather than later!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 12:57 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Further information on the statement by the new CEO of Flybalaton:

Polgár told MTI on Thursday that it has not yet been determined whether Irish low-fare airline Ryanair will resume operating flights to FlyBalaton airport this summer. Ryanair, which used to account for the highest amount of flight traffic at FlyBalaton, discontinued flights to the airport in October 2008.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:17 am
Goo
Just Joined

Goo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Flybalaton

Hi all,
I actually came across this forum while trying to find out some information about receiving UK TV in Balaton, but this is more important.
I also have a house in Balaton and I try to visit as often as I can (if I could afford to, I would move there yesterday!). When the Stansted - Balaton route was open I (+2) used to fly there almost every mnth. Since then maybe 2-3 times a year (due to distance to Budapest/Graz etc & cost of hire car)... and this is getting really depressing.

Over the last 2 years, I tried to get information out of FLY-Balaton directly (they seemed desperate as evertone is being laid-off), I tried Ryanair (they were as useful as you can all imagine).
I heard talks/rumours along various schools of thought (most of them were mentioned & discussed in previous posts).
In the end... I realized that waiting on bureaucracy and Ryanair isn't and not likely to get us anywhere. I wouldn't believe believe Ryanair regardsless, I guess we will have to actually get to the airport and be on the plane and it takes off before you can be sure that there will be no cancellations with them, this has always been the case with Ryanair. Ryanair has never been about customer or servie or comfort or timing etc. Ryanair has always been about making money! I guess they are not making this a secret so do we thank them for this!
You may recall some time ago there was talk about having to pay £1 to use the toilet! Now I am sincerely hoping that we have all seen this cheap publicity stunt for what it was...well actually a really cheap publicity stunt. Ryanair couldn't have bought that amount of publicity, for several weeks people have been talking about Ryanair....
So please keep spirits up. And I agree with my fellow brits that someone is bound to see the potential and start the route again....

Until then I have already booked flights to Budapest in April and June!

I can not wait for what BUREAUCRATIC nonsense they will come up next to screen as to why the deal has failed etc...

My sincere Regards, Keep Safe
Gunhan
Old Mar 27th 2011, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Letter from SCD:-

Negotiations are close to end but as an airport we can not give
information until all contracts signed. The airline will announce the flights.
Before announcement we will not officially publish information. Beside we
do not want to give information that is not yet 100% accurate.

Henrietta Lasics Hontvari
FlyBalaton Airport

"Ah! Hence why you provided the extremely accurate information regards flights resuming in April!"
So basically, contracts are not signed and Ryanair will announce the flights, not Flybalaton.
INFORMATION VIA ANOTHER SOURCE

Not good news:

Tibor Polgár (new CEO of SCD airport kft and CEO of Balatontourist zrt) gave an interview on Thursday and announced that it has not yet been determined whether Ryanair will resume operating flights to FlyBalaton airport this summer. There is an agreement but contracts have still to be finalised and unlikely it will be in time for the summer season!

YOUR THOUGHTS BALATON BRITS !!!
JENN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.