Flybalaton

Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:26 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flybalaton

Thanks Les and Jenn, much appreciated.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Thanks Les and Jenn, much appreciated.
HI ALL HAVE HAD A GO AT GETTING A FEW MORE SIGNATURES WHILST IN HUNGARY - TRIED TOURIST INFORMATION, SOME HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS - NONE OF THEM SEEMED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS PETITION BUT IT DOES SEEMS TO HAVE SPARKED OFF SOME MORE SIGNATURES WE ARE OVER 350 NOW. EASYJET WILL PROBABLY BE OFFERING THEIR FLIGHTS FOR APRIL, MAY AND JUNE SOON SO EVERYONE GET SIGNING AS ITS NEARLY TIME TO SEND IT IN.
THANKS TO RURAL HUNGARY FOR ALL THEIR HELP.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:34 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jenn, we put a number of fliers on car windows at Tescos and noticed an increase. When you consider that this thread has had over 2,000 views and if even half of those handed out one flier to a local B&B, hotel or restaurant, I am sure the signature numbers would rise significantly.
I would have liked at least a thousand signatures before submitting the petition but at the rate its going they will probably have built three new airports in Hungary before then

Frustrating really, as every expat and German I have spoken to agrees that the area needs a budget airline flying in.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough

Thanks Jenn, we put a number of fliers on car windows at Tescos and noticed an increase. When you consider that this thread has had over 2,000 views and if even half of those handed out one flier to a local B&B, hotel or restaurant, I am sure the signature numbers would rise significantly.
I would have liked at least a thousand signatures before submitting the petition but at the rate its going they will probably have built three new airports in Hungary before then

Frustrating really, as every expat and German I have spoken to agrees that the area needs a budget airline flying in.
When are you planning to send this in now ???
Old Oct 1st 2010, 9:36 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Jenn, next Saturday.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 10:03 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Just a quick update:

Petition will be sent to Easyjet & Wizzair tomorrow.

News reports claim the operators have been granted a 1 billion ft loan by the Hungarian development bank. The operators have stated they are in discussions with several airlines, these discussions should be concluded in 4 weeks time so hopefully the petition will help persuade Easyjet and Wizzair that there is need for this service. The operators have forecasted passenger numbers of 100,000 for 2011, if this is to be believed then hopefully good news will soon be forthcoming
Old Oct 10th 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Flybalaton

Just a quick update:

Petition will be sent to Easyjet & Wizzair tomorrow.

News reports claim the operators have been granted a 1 billion ft loan by the Hungarian development bank. The operators have stated they are in discussions with several airlines, these discussions should be concluded in 4 weeks time so hopefully the petition will help persuade Easyjet and Wizzair that there is need for this service. The operators have forecasted passenger numbers of 100,000 for 2011, if this is to be believed then hopefully good news will soon be forthcoming
WE HAVE EVERYTHING CROSSED
Old Oct 16th 2010, 8:26 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

The FlyBalaton airport in Sármellék (W Hungary) will not shut down this winter, unlike in the previous two years, Péter Elkán, communications director for property developer SCD, which is renting the airport, told MTI on Monday.

Demand at the airport, which SCD has operated since April, is sufficient to keep it operating for the full year, Elkán said. The airport currently has contracts for passenger aircraft until October 23, but it is in talks on takeoffs and landings until the end of the year, he added. A decision on the airport's timetable for next year is expected in a few weeks. Passenger numbers at the airport are expected to reach 20,000-25,000 this year, under the planned 25,000-30,000, but demand for air cargo service has jumped. Cargo aircraft with capacity for 170 tons flying to further destinations in Europe use the airport 2-3 times a week.
(source:MTI-Econews)
Old Oct 17th 2010, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

The FlyBalaton airport in Sármellék (W Hungary) will not shut down this winter, unlike in the previous two years, Péter Elkán, communications director for property developer SCD, which is renting the airport, told MTI on Monday.

Demand at the airport, which SCD has operated since April, is sufficient to keep it operating for the full year, Elkán said. The airport currently has contracts for passenger aircraft until October 23, but it is in talks on takeoffs and landings until the end of the year, he added. A decision on the airport's timetable for next year is expected in a few weeks. Passenger numbers at the airport are expected to reach 20,000-25,000 this year, under the planned 25,000-30,000, but demand for air cargo service has jumped. Cargo aircraft with capacity for 170 tons flying to further destinations in Europe use the airport 2-3 times a week.
(source:MTI-Econews)

This sounds hopeful - I see that Flybalaton website is getting a make over so perhaps then they will tell us what is going on !!!
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 11:43 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Reply from Easyjet, doesn't really give much away.

Thank you for informing us about the petition that is designed to win easyJet as a new carrier operating to Sármellék airport. We are constantly looking for routes that would be in demand all year round and we appreciate your suggestion. easyJet will of course take into consideration flying to FlyBalaton airport if such a demand occurs.

For the time being, I would suggest that you register for easyJet e-mail updates on the easyJet web site. As well as advising of new routes, this will also give advance notice of the schedule release dates and information on exclusive Internet fare discounts.

You are welcome to send us more feedback and suggestions in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Joanna

Executive Support Team
easyJet Airline Co. Ltd.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Reply from Easyjet, doesn't really give much away.

Thank you for informing us about the petition that is designed to win easyJet as a new carrier operating to Sármellék airport. We are constantly looking for routes that would be in demand all year round and we appreciate your suggestion. easyJet will of course take into consideration flying to FlyBalaton airport if such a demand occurs.

For the time being, I would suggest that you register for easyJet e-mail updates on the easyJet web site. As well as advising of new routes, this will also give advance notice of the schedule release dates and information on exclusive Internet fare discounts.

You are welcome to send us more feedback and suggestions in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Joanna

Executive Support Team
easyJet Airline Co. Ltd.

Oh dear doesnt sound too positive does it !!!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:01 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

[F]LATEST NEWS[/FONT]

Ryanair should hopefully be flying out of Balaton next year
Apparently, Tamas Laszlo (Ryanair PR or similar) stated that SCD group and Ryanair are currently in talks and should they reach an agreement, flights could resume as early as 2011.

Mixed emotions..... They treated their passengers with a complete disregard by pulling out last year. However, is it better than nothing
Old Oct 30th 2010, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

[F]LATEST NEWS[/FONT]

Ryanair should hopefully be flying out of Balaton next year
Apparently, Tamas Laszlo (Ryanair PR or similar) stated that SCD group and Ryanair are currently in talks and should they reach an agreement, flights could resume as early as 2011.

Mixed emotions..... They treated their passengers with a complete disregard by pulling out last year. However, is it better than nothing
Understand the mixed emotions - we feel them to but good news for the area in general
Old Nov 1st 2010, 10:04 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Unconfirmed report from MTI, claims that as of Spring 2011 flights will commence to Germany, UK and Russia with Germanwings, Aeroflot and Ryanair being the carriers.

Here's hoping Ryanair are a bit more considerate of their passengers this time and the management more competent!

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Nov 1st 2010 at 10:11 am.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update, RH.... good news!
I know Ryanair aren't the best, but better than nothing!
My dentist is in Heviz, and I need a visit.... so looking forward to the airport opening!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.