Flybalaton

Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fox Autorent

Originally Posted by Goo
Hi all,
I wonder if anyone can tell me how much was Fox charging for one what rental when you rented last time?
I have been renting a car for the duration of our stay but it is getting too expensive. I wonder if I could do it this way.
Many thanks.
G.
We now use travel supermarket.com and they come up with the best deal - whoever we rent from we always end up renting from Thrifty in Budapest near the airport but it seems to be auto europe where you get the good deals - they must have some sort of deal with Thrifty because if you go through Thrifty direct its far too much money - try the travelsupermarket.com route works for us.
J
Old Apr 6th 2011, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

stromnessdundee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flybalaton

My brother used Autoeurope, they were fine and about the cheapest he could find.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Given up on Balton airport, have booked a flight in June from London Gatwick to Zagreb via Easyjet and the price was very good. We live in Devon and Stanstead (probably the airport to Flybalaton) is a 5 hour journey away.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

JackyB will become famous soon enoughJackyB will become famous soon enough

Hi Richardmc We are from Cardiff and have also booked our flights in June, Easyjet Luton to Budapest, Have you flown into Zagreb before and if so how do you then travel to Balaton. thanx Jacky
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Hello JackyB
No havent flown to Zagreb but there is a new motorway from Zagreb which goes direct to Kesthely/Balatonszentygorgy turn off SW Balaton area and continues onto the M7 to Budapest. The last time we travelled from Budapest last year I miss our turning and we were half way down that motorway to Croatia!! Its about, I believe about 2 hours travel. I will ask our good friends "Rural Hungary" for directions from the airport but I will print off the Google map of the airport for guidance. We land in the morning (light) unlike Budapest Ryanair which was at night. I suppose it depends where you are going, if your going to North East of the lake you could land at Graz. Fly Balaton is about 20mins from our property which is annoying that flights are probably going to be from Stanstead, 3 years ago we hopped on a plane at Bristol (Ryanair) and landed at Fly Balaton, easy!! but not meant to be. Where are you going?.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richardmc
Hello JackyB
No havent flown to Zagreb but there is a new motorway from Zagreb which goes direct to Kesthely/Balatonszentygorgy turn off SW Balaton area and continues onto the M7 to Budapest. The last time we travelled from Budapest last year I miss our turning and we were half way down that motorway to Croatia!! Its about, I believe about 2 hours travel. I will ask our good friends "Rural Hungary" for directions from the airport but I will print off the Google map of the airport for guidance. We land in the morning (light) unlike Budapest Ryanair which was at night. I suppose it depends where you are going, if your going to North East of the lake you could land at Graz. Fly Balaton is about 20mins from our property which is annoying that flights are probably going to be from Stanstead, 3 years ago we hopped on a plane at Bristol (Ryanair) and landed at Fly Balaton, easy!! but not meant to be. Where are you going?.
Hi Richard
We have used that motorway before and it is a very direct route - we didnt fly into Zagreb but were going to Plitvice Lakes in Croatia from our house in Zalavar Hungary (5 minutes from FlyBalaton !!!) the only thing we found when we went cross border with a hire car that they charged alot more but this could of been because we did it from Graz and Austria is very expensive - you do need to check the cross border charges with your hire company as some have it in the small print and you think you have a cheap flight and end up paying extra for car hire. I believe that there is also a train route to Balatonszentygorgy which might be of use to you but I know no more than that but I am sure that Rural Hungary may be able to help you. We have now booked with Easyjet for our flight in June but we fly from Luton as we are from Northamptonshire. I have totally given up on the Flybalaton route this year !!!. Regards Jenny
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:21 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if Balatonszentgyorgy is the same but when we were checking trains to Kanizsa, we found the flight arrived too late for the morning train, as such, we would have had a 6-7 hour wait for the later train. It's worth checking though for future reference - do you know how much the train fair is Jen?

I believe Richard booked with a hire company who do not charge or charge a minimal amount for cross border insurance. Hopefully, once he has used them, he will let us know whether they are any good as it might be an option for others
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

JackyB will become famous soon enoughJackyB will become famous soon enough

Hi Richard my house is in Balatonlelle, i dont mind flying into Budapest as i have a cousin who picks me up, but i would prefer to fly into Balaton as it was much more convenient .I would love them to start again from Bristol as its going to be Luton this year as they were the cheapest flights i could find.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:41 pm
Goo
Just Joined

Goo is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Flybalaton

Hi Jacky,

If only they re-start the flights to Sarmellek, I am not really concerned where in UK it goes from (well with in 2-3 hours drive from Kent that is).
But seriously I don't think we can achieve anything if we are acting as individuals. Unfortunately I am not living in Balaton as yet. I just come and go as often as I can, but due to saga of Fly-Balaton the frequency has been low.
I have been told that there are alot of Expats living in Balaton/Hungary. Is there no way that a get together can be organised and a joint representation/action can be taken to deal with Local Authorities and Airlines! Please tell me if I am being too optimistic, simplistic or...etc.

I work with 50 people in the office and everyone is fascinated by how beautiful Balaton is. I managed to destroy their misconceptions about Hungary being like Romania but I am struggling to sell them the 2 hour trip from Budapest or longer from Graz!!!

On the other hand I don't want a bunch of Ibiza Lager Louts to come and ruin our peace either..thanksfully we only have 1 and he will not be coming!... gosh I've started ranting... Enough for now...

I am working on a possibly slightly cheaper hire car option. I will be in Balaton during Easter, I will post my findings after.
Goo

Last edited by Goo; Apr 11th 2011 at 8:44 pm. Reason: addition
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:58 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goo
Please tell me if I am being too optimistic, simplistic or...etc.
Not at all, many things have already been attempted. From a petition which was forwarded to SCD, Easyjet and Wizzair. To mass email campaigns to a chap from Zalakaros trying to get funding for charter flights from Oxford airport. Unfortunately, SCD group - to the best of my knowledge - have only ever engaged in discussions with Ryanair and appear to be convinced that eventually, the contracts will be signed.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Les and Jenn
Hi Richard
We have used that motorway before and it is a very direct route - we didnt fly into Zagreb but were going to Plitvice Lakes in Croatia from our house in Zalavar Hungary (5 minutes from FlyBalaton !!!) the only thing we found when we went cross border with a hire car that they charged alot more but this could of been because we did it from Graz and Austria is very expensive - you do need to check the cross border charges with your hire company as some have it in the small print and you think you have a cheap flight and end up paying extra for car hire. I believe that there is also a train route to Balatonszentygorgy which might be of use to you but I know no more than that but I am sure that Rural Hungary may be able to help you. We have now booked with Easyjet for our flight in June but we fly from Luton as we are from Northamptonshire. I have totally given up on the Flybalaton route this year !!!. Regards Jenny
The car hire company "AMC" via "Atlaschoice" do not charge for cross border to Hungary thanks to RuralHungary for the guidance
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:09 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Don't thank me too soon as if it goes pear shape I will feel so guilty
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

I sent an email to the car agency and they stated that AMC do not charge (hopefully)
Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:26 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

LOL - I'm sure it is free, I was thinking more along the lines of you turning up and having a Trabant waiting for you

Changing the subject, the other half spotted a Wizzair airbus take off from Sarmellek yesterday morning, just after 8am. It had came from Budapest, after take off it circled Sarmellek for half an hour before returning to Budapest. Does anyone know if they use Sarmellek for training?

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Apr 13th 2011 at 6:19 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

No Rural I have a normal economy car, Volkswagon I think, hope,hopeso Wizzair according to website fly from London Luton To Budapest thats all maybe????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.