Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Floor standing boilers

Floor standing boilers

Old Dec 8th 2021, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Floor standing boilers

At this point in time I'm thinking of replacing the wall mounted combi boiler in the garage/cellar but at my first property had a floor standing boiler. The flue went straight out. How popular is this installation? Bottom line I like the boiler to be in a place where I can monitor it at any time. If replacement is in garage/cellar I'd have to keep going down there.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Floor standing boilers

Originally Posted by FenTiger
At this point in time I'm thinking of replacing the wall mounted combi boiler in the garage/cellar but at my first property had a floor standing boiler. The flue went straight out. How popular is this installation? Bottom line I like the boiler to be in a place where I can monitor it at any time. If replacement is in garage/cellar I'd have to keep going down there.
Why does it have to be floor standing? I have a Baxi combi boiler mounted on my bathroom wall with the flue going straight outside through the roof. It doesn't take up any precious floor space and I can monitor it any time I want without leaving the house.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 8:00 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
Why does it have to be floor standing? I have a Baxi combi boiler mounted on my bathroom wall with the flue going straight outside through the roof. It doesn't take up any precious floor space and I can monitor it any time I want without leaving the house.

I have a Bosch boiler also wall mounted in my Bathroom that is tankless and provides as much hot water as you will ever need for the entire kitchen and bathroom and takes up not much space on the wall and it also is vented through the wall so certainly FenTiger should have a look at them.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
I have a Bosch boiler also wall mounted in my Bathroom that is tankless and provides as much hot water as you will ever need for the entire kitchen and bathroom and takes up not much space on the wall and it also is vented through the wall so certainly FenTiger should have a look at them.
Mine is also tankless and not only provides hot water in the bathroom and kitchen but also runs the gas central heating throughout the house.

https://www.baxi.co.uk/our-boilers
Old Dec 9th 2021, 12:42 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is also tankless and not only provides hot water in the bathroom and kitchen but also runs the gas central heating throughout the house.

https://www.baxi.co.uk/our-boilers

Mine does not run the heating for radiators. My house is over 100 years old and has gas convector heat. I probably could upgrade to a larger unit and do that but I am not yet ready to upgrade the heating system. My neighbor has a similar system that also runs the heating and he loves it.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Mine does not run the heating for radiators. My house is over 100 years old and has gas convector heat. I probably could upgrade to a larger unit and do that but I am not yet ready to upgrade the heating system. My neighbor has a similar system that also runs the heating and he loves it.
My house is over 80 years old and had no inside water and no kitchen or bathroom. The previous owners had gas convector heaters which were removed before I bought the property. As gas was laid throughout the house it was just a matter of buying the boiler and radiators and upgrading the whole system.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 1:54 pm
Banned

My house is over 80 years old and had no inside water and no kitchen or bathroom. The previous owners had gas convector heaters which were removed before I bought the property. As gas was laid throughout the house it was just a matter of buying the boiler and radiators and upgrading the whole system.

I know it is not that expensive but I am in the middle of 2 other major projects. I have just relocated my kitchen to a larger room and I am having ceramic tile work done and new work tops installed on my kitchen units and also have left to redo the the former kitchen. Plus I am having additional fencing and landscape work done next spring to complete a new garden behind my barn . The heat upgrade is 2 or 3 years in my future.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Floor standing combi is an option I thought about looking at because I had one in my first property. Above I had wall units and a shelf for pots and pans. I liked the arrangement and layout.
If there's a tankless combi which could be mounted on the wall in bathroom to heat hot water for CH and everything else that would be great but then the whole bathroom would have to be re-designed with electrics and radiator moved. I can't see where else they could be moved to.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Floor standing combi is an option I thought about looking at because I had one in my first property. Above I had wall units and a shelf for pots and pans. I liked the arrangement and layout.
If there's a tankless combi which could be mounted on the wall in bathroom to heat hot water for CH and everything else that would be great but then the whole bathroom would have to be re-designed with electrics and radiator moved. I can't see where else they could be moved to.
It doesn't have to be in the bathroom. Mine was only put there because it was the most convenient place and tucks nicely in a corner near the bathroom door.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

It doesn't have to be in the bathroom. Mine was only put there because it was the most convenient place and tucks nicely in a corner near the bathroom door.
Currently boiler in wrong location in kitchen, bit of eye-sore, but there is a flue to a chimney. Moving it to other side flue could go straight out and chimney may not be needed. I have two chimneys. But we already got ideas how we'd like the new kitchen layout so will have to change it again.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Currently boiler in wrong location in kitchen, bit of eye-sore, but there is a flue to a chimney. Moving it to other side flue could go straight out and chimney may not be needed. I have two chimneys. But we already got ideas how we'd like the new kitchen layout so will have to change it again.
My boiler flue goes straight out through the roof above the bathroom. It's quite independent of the two chimneys I have in my house.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Combi boilers are usually wall hung and the flues go either out through the wall (typical) or can go up a chimney. There are regulations about the flue type and positioning to do with the number of bends and length (allowable combination) and position of outlet with respect to adjacent windows and obstructions. Combies are self-contained so no external tanks etc. but the last 2 I had installed had bits showing under the boiler (connection pipes and filters) plus required electrics close to the boiler so I built a cupboard around the boiler to make it look better (and gave storage as well).
Old Dec 15th 2021, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Combi boilers are usually wall hung and the flues go either out through the wall (typical) or can go up a chimney. There are regulations about the flue type and positioning to do with the number of bends and length (allowable combination) and position of outlet with respect to adjacent windows and obstructions. Combies are self-contained so no external tanks etc. but the last 2 I had installed had bits showing under the boiler (connection pipes and filters) plus required electrics close to the boiler so I built a cupboard around the boiler to make it look better (and gave storage as well).
I've seen boilers hidden by cupboards. Like this idea. I'm not sure yet who will install our new kitchen. Might get a friend to do it. Obviously, will have to work closely with the plumber for installation of the gas pipes, H&C water, flue, etc. Think for gas combi I'll go for one to provide Hot water for CH and everyday use. Currently, we're finding the electric immersion heater is not adequate for every day use as wife often says the hot water from the shower isn't hot enough. The immersion heater comes on, I think, four times a day and is controlled by the electricity supplier. I've no idea if there are options to increase the four times. So probably batroom no.1 hot water from new combi, new shower in new extension electric shower.
Oh dear, getting headache thinking about this so will bounce off our ideas with family and friends.
Old Dec 16th 2021, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh dear, getting headache thinking about this so will bounce off our ideas with family and friends.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps Peter in Hungary will correct me if I'm wrong but you can't just have any plumber for the installation of gas pipes and combi boiler. I think it has to be someone accredited by the gas supplier. I remember after having my combi boiler and central heating system installed, Tigaz came round to to an inspection and "sign" it off.

The company I used was Lutherm KFT in Encs who I believe cover the whole of BAZ

Lutherm Kft. - Encs - Kezdőoldal
Old Dec 16th 2021, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh dear, getting headache thinking about this so will bounce off our ideas with family and friends.
Perhaps Peter in Hungary will correct me if I'm wrong but you can't just have any plumber for the installation of gas pipes and combi boiler. I think it has to be someone accredited by the gas supplier. I remember after having my combi boiler and central heating system installed, Tigaz came round to to an inspection and "sign" it off.

The company I used was Lutherm KFT in Encs who I believe cover the whole of BAZ

Lutherm Kft. - Encs - Kezdőoldal[/QUOTE]
The guy we plan to use installed new gas boiler and CH for sister-in-law. All organised by her husband so I'd say he's very likely to be an approved installers by the gas supplier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.