Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

First posting and a small advert

First posting and a small advert

Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Mark-Hungary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First posting and a small advert

Hello everybody, just a posting to say hello and introduce myself. My family and I have been here now for five years and have built an energy efficient house 20 km outside of Budapest.(Not quite to the German Passiv house standards but it does work - still trying to find the cash for the solar panels though!! Despite having a Hungarian wife and two bilingual boys, my Hungarian is still appalling - don't ever do what I did and put it off, it just gets harder!
We get by with renting an apartment in Budapest - very reasonable rates to any expats not up in the capital - and a smaller one built as part of our house in the Pilis hills. My wife translates and I proof read and as well as practicing as a counsellor/therapist/lifestyle for the English speaking community.
I have been reading some of the posts and recognise some of the queries we have had over the years so I am very happy to help out where I can.
To many future postings