EURO CRISIS

Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: EURO CRISIS

Well derbycold, to condence it all down and with my limited knowledge of balaton airport in the past 3 years (we flew from Bristol to balaton in 2008). I reiterate from a past posting I made, if you go on the Easyjet site you can fly to Budapest or Zagreb from London and obviously depending on the time of the year the prices are very good, in fact the choice is limited to Easyjet or Ryanair (I think to Graz from London). Easyjet from London to Zagreb this November can be approx £140.00 return for 2 adults with 20kg baggage each. I dont think anyone could quibble about that. Then obviously there is car hire to consider which you would obviously shop around for. I suppose if you have loads of money to spend in Hungary the cost is relatively low getting to your home From our last trip we took the effort to travel to Gatwick from Devon in the middle of the night and landed at Graz in the morning and had a full day. Nothing ventured nothing gained We take the view that our cup is half full in relation to Hungary and because there is less luxurious living there, in my opinion they are more adapt to harder times and we look forward to a back to basics life out of England.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

derbycold is an unknown quantity at this point

i fully agree with what your saying, i run a small but very busy and demanding air con company,i used to like getting down to londonland and getting over to the balaton in quite a short time.at one point there was talk of flights from east mids or birmingham hapening i have only done the budapest route beside this and found it a long trip from end to end for a short visit.thats exepting a motorhome visit the year before last

i will be taking your advise and try other routes soon.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:53 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomasc
The caveat here is that obviously as we all know, due to certain tax benefits, Neitherlands is very usual holding company location, so not all Dutch investments are really 'Dutch'. Inspite of this, it makes interesting reading.
Thanks for the links, very interesting and ammunition for the local conspiracy theorists next time I speak with them
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

tomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the rough

Looking the statistics, Finland and Sweden both have invested like 20x and Denmark like 10x more than Israel or China. However, i have never heard anyone telling that Scandinavia is buying Hungary????
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

OGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really nice

Originally Posted by richardmc
I reiterate from a past posting I made, if you go on the Easyjet site you can fly to Budapest or Zagreb from London and obviously depending on the time of the year the prices are very good, in fact the choice is limited to Easyjet or Ryanair (I think to Graz from London). Easyjet from London to Zagreb this November can be approx £140.00 return for 2 adults with 20kg baggage each.
And also the Bratislava (Slovakia) route from London-Stansted - about an hour from Györ (Hu) by bus/ car.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 10:58 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OGSG
And also the Bratislava (Slovakia) route from London-Stansted - about an hour from Györ (Hu) by bus/ car.
Not being narky but if we could keep this on topic, thanks