EU referendum

Old Dec 19th 2011, 5:36 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EU referendum

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
Check out The Times December 19th,
Interesting reading John. Unfortunately, the tabloid media will continue to sensationalise and call the hordes to fly the flag and go it alone!

Not particularly "my bag" but I don't see it as rocket science to realise, especially at a time when we should be looking to reestablish a manufacturing industry, that we require a single market in which to trade.

Well, isn't it always the minority to blame - times get tough, hang a scapegoat. Perhaps if it gets worse here the Hungarians will start blaming the Brits
Old Dec 19th 2011, 6:07 pm
Banned

SteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really nice

In order to re-establish UK manufacturing, they would need to reclaim it back from the EU.

The only way that is going to happen is for the UK to withdraw from the EU
Old Dec 19th 2011, 6:12 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tapsony-Hungary
cameron's response has created more than a fork but a ****ing big crater in relationships with the rest of the eu,
Just seen this What are you doing posting lady??? I'm sure the doc didn't order it

Interesting times ahead I think though do you honestly think he would go so far?
Old Dec 19th 2011, 6:19 pm
Banned

SteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really nice

He has already told them No to the treaty, he has gone that far. As other countries are now also backing out, it is clear the UK is not in the minority
Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:18 pm
Banned

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-refusing...171335034.html

The rift widens, The uk never says No, then do it twice!
Old Dec 19th 2011, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Tapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Just seen this What are you doing posting lady??? I'm sure the doc didn't order it

Interesting times ahead I think though do you honestly think he would go so far?
Hi Rural
action is good for my blood pressure, can't believe the things written, delusional aspirational claptrap. no need to say more I think.
Happy Christmas one and all
Old Dec 19th 2011, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Tapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really nice

Check out The Times December 19th,

"What's it like out in the cold? Just ask Norway."

For the right to trade in the EU, Norway has to follow all the EU's rules on the single market on the free movement of goods, services, capital and people. Norway also has to pay 340 million Euros for access to the market & gets nothing back!

The British inspired single market it is said, directly or indirectly accounts for 3.5 million jobs. Cameron recently said "the single market already adds 600 billion Euros a year to our economy. He added, further liberalisation of services & the creation of a digital single market could add 800 billion more.

The reason many foreign manufacturers such as car makers locate in the UK is ease of access to the single market.

Norway is a country of about 5 million relying on huge natural resources. Britain is a country of about 60 million people with a complex diverse economy. We need to take a full part in the EU to protect our interests. We can not run out & expect to keep the benefits of the Single Market

The Little Englanders who dream of a return to a simplicity that has never existed need to think again. Instead of blaming everything on the "bloody foreigners" they should pull their fingers out & build their own lives for their children & grandchildren.
Well written and pointed out John, couldn't agree more
Old Dec 19th 2011, 9:47 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Tapsony-Hungary
Hi Rural
action is good for my blood pressure, can't believe the things written, delusional aspirational claptrap. no need to say more I think.
Happy Christmas one and all
Think I need some more action then as mine is all over the place at the moment

Talking of aspirational claptrap, a good Hungarian friend of mine recently said - our prime minister is a ....jerk he said he is "in the same ship" as the british prime minster since then the whole media is laughing on him... GB and Hungary... are not the same! Hungary is not as strong as UK so we should not play the big dog. So anybody thinking this is a good move by Hungary appears to be in the minority.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 11:57 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

David Cameron has hit the buffer of reality as Prime Minister.

He is no EU enthusiast, but it is he who says the Single Market is worth 600Billion Euros a year to the UK & could be worth another800 Billion if properly extended. He has had to pander to the bigotson his right but be in no doubt that he will not want an EU, Single Marketwithdrawal. He should be at everymeeting trying to make it work.

It is so sad when people believe that a single simple action would solve allour problems. If only life were that easy! (This is the delusion of the fundamentalist)

There is clearly allot to sort out in the EU & allot to sort out in the UK butto think that withdrawing from our main market & dumping Jonny Foreigner isthe answer is sad wishful thinking.

Why do we we get such nationalism on an Expat site! I suggest that those that want a littleEngland stay home to create it (if they can) & to then enjoy it!

I would rather learn how & when to pprune a peach tree in the Hungarian climate? Any suggestions & advice welcome!

Old Dec 20th 2011, 12:23 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Why do we we get such nationalism on an Expat site! I suggest that those that want a littleEngland stay home to create it (if they can) & to then enjoy it!
Agreed John, this used to be such a warm and welcoming little community.
I am sure there are a number of political or news sites on which the OP could post his original message. I for one am now only replying to new users and the long term members for whom this site has become a source of useful advice on the topic of Hungary.
Perhaps those who see this as a turning point for the UK will decide to stay there and reap the benefits

If you post a new thread on peach trees, I will gladly throw in my tuppence worth!

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Dec 20th 2011 at 12:29 am.