Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Estate Agents Lake Balaton

Estate Agents Lake Balaton

Old Oct 16th 2010, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: house hunting around lake Balaton 18th Oc

Originally Posted by klarika
Hi Jenny,
Thanks for the mail.
Yes if you could let me have his number I would appreciate it the more we see the better.
Think we will be arriving in Hungary on Monday so will be without interent too unless find a internet cafe somewhere. Do you live in Hungary?

Carol
Hi
His number is 0036209277515 and his office is opposite the big church in the centre of Keszthely. We live in UK but have a holiday home in Hungary in Zalavar near Kiss Balaton We arrive on Tuesday this week - Laszlo will have our contact details should you need anything else.
Drive safely
Jenny
Old Oct 17th 2010, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

Klarika,
I really would follow the advice of Ester J.
1. Two weeks is not enough time to decide where you want to live. You need to get to know an area.
2. Jan/Feb are the best the best times to buy....after Xmas no-one has any money and everything seems depressed.
3. Many property agencies have closed (the market is dead). In my experience (and we recently bought a place in Budapest), all agencies dealt with were aggressive with both buyer and seller, making ridiculous promises to both with only an eye on their commission.
4. Around the Balaton there are literally 1000's of little house for sale. As Ester J said, look for the "Elado" sign in the window (sometime not easy to see as most Hungarian villagers have yet to learn the importance of a BIG sign!).
5. A good place to start with prices: http://hungary.west3.eu/index.php?lang=en#
6. Good luck. But please take your time.
A story for you. Some years ago, my Hungarian inlaws wanted to move from their little flat to a house with a big garden. After seeing afew, they settled on a lovely place. They viewed it on a beautiful, still and sunny day. Before they signed the contract, I drove out to the place. Well, a nice breeze was blowing....and bring the awful smell of the local sausage factory, as well as that of the pigs being kept next door.
PS: We too live in Spain, near Valencia, and make the drive back to see to wife's parents at least once a year. Because of the food, we always travel very slowly through Italy!
Old Oct 17th 2010, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Donnchadh is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: house hunting around lake Balaton 18th Oc

I'd just like to say that Capital 99 are top quality and Laszlo Kosmar a very helpful man. It's a family-run agency and their after-sale service is excellent; sorting out bank accounts/utility bills/standing orders and all that tricky paperwork. Going the extra mile? He even paid upfront a police fine I picked up on the way back to the airport - this is months after my purchase - I reimbursed later him of course!
Old Oct 17th 2010, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Donnchadh
I'd just like to say that Capital 99 are top quality and Laszlo Kosmar a very helpful man. It's a family-run agency and their after-sale service is excellent; sorting out bank accounts/utility bills/standing orders and all that tricky paperwork. Going the extra mile? He even paid upfront a police fine I picked up on the way back to the airport - this is months after my purchase - I reimbursed later him of course!
Glad to hear that other people have had good service from Laszlo - Carol it will be worth getting in touch with him.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 5:44 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donnchadh and welcome to the forum. Whereabouts in Kent are you as we lived there for several years.

Do you know how much commission the agent charges?

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Oct 17th 2010 at 7:35 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Donnchadh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hi Donnchadh and welcome to the forum. Whereabouts in Kent are you as we lived there for several years.

Do you know how much commission the agent charges?
Thanks for the welcome. Remember, I was buying - not selling. The only fees were the legals and stamp duty. In live in Sittingbourne in Kent, a world a way from Keszthely...
Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:11 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, yes I know Sittingbourne, we lived near Ashford.

The reason I ask is that many buyers face the problem of agents charging the seller anything between 3-20% commission, subsequently, this is lumped onto the price of the property. Sometimes buyers discover this at the time of purchase whereas, others are completely unaware and only discover later that they have paid thousands over the odds by talking to locals or other Brits.
I have lost count of the number of Brits telling the same story. That's why I always advise buyers to ask what commission the agent charges and research property prices in the vicinity
Old Mar 18th 2011, 10:03 am
Just Joined

paulette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Estate agents lake balaton

Good morning everyone, new to the site. Am looking at visiting Lake Balaton sometime next month with a view to looking at properties for sale. Could members please advise one or two reputable estate agents in the area who we could contact. Many thanks in advance.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Estate Agents Lake Balaton

Hi Paulette,

I have sent you a private email with some details.
We have only just purchased last Oct.

Klarika
Old Mar 18th 2011, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

paulette is an unknown quantity at this point

Klarika, sorry stillcannot access your replies?
Old Mar 18th 2011, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Paulette,
up on the right hand side you should have private messages if not dont worry my email address is <snip> send me an mail and I can reply

Last edited by Sue; Mar 18th 2011 at 6:35 pm. Reason: email address removed.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I have had lots of very useful help and advice from Rural Hungary, this sites Hungary concierge. I suggest you send her a PM and explain what sort of place you would like.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 4:11 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulette
Klarika, sorry stillcannot access your replies?
Not 100 per cent sure on this but that may be because you don't have enough posts, not sure how many you need maybe 3 or 4, someone else will know
Old Mar 18th 2011, 4:46 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Paulette and welcome to the forum. I hope you find the information here helpful. Most of the people here are very kind and will help in anyway possible.
It really depends on where you are looking to purchase. The North, South, East towards Lake Valence or West towards Austria/Slovenia sides of the Lake or away from the Lake itself? There are a few agents around who don't charge extortionate fees, that said, sometimes you are unaware of the fee as it is included in the house price! Some just blatantly inflate the house price for their own benefit.
The best option is, if you have the time, look around the area and find properties for sale in the areas you like - they will have elado signs outside of them.
We regularly look for property for buyers and a large majority of them are 20-30% less when bought directly through the owner. So it is worth it should you have the time to spend looking.

Good luck

Klarika, I would remove your email address from the post otherwise you will get picked up by spambots and inundated with junk mail;-)

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Mar 18th 2011 at 4:58 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Rural,
How do I delete my email address?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.