Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

English TV in Hungary

English TV in Hungary

Old May 8th 2017, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default English TV in Hungary

The Filmon.com site has withdrawn its free (advert supported service) to allow UK TV viewing via the internet.

We don't watch much UK TV but occasional viewing was useful. The amount of viewing would not make a 'pay for' service economical so does anyone know of an internet link that would replace the service that was offered by Filmon ?
Old May 8th 2017, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

GBA77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English TV in Hungary

You can try:

Live TV Online - Watch All Channels Online Free all in one place

From time to time I use Kodi although it can be a bit difficult for some (including myself ) to set up but it is worth it. I am not sure on the legal side of things.

There are a number of sites that will assist with step by step installation guides and a few on you tube as well.

When streaming I hardwire the laptop to the modem and find that this helps to reduce the annoying buffering.

There are some others I cant find at the moment. When I do I will post them here. I am sure others will be along to help soon.
GBA
Old May 8th 2017, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Peter are you sure?
I just tried Film on and it still connected me.
Old May 8th 2017, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GBA77
I tried the link and when selecting BBC News I was greeted with the following notice - BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.
And when I tried ITV I was prompted to sign on and to register for sign on I needed to give name, date of birth, email and post code. So I suspect this link will not work, GBA77 if you do know how to get this to work could you let me know.
Old May 8th 2017, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by duztee
Peter are you sure?
I just tried Film on and it still connected me.
When I access Filmon and select a UK station I get the station but there is a pink countdown banner that gives me 2 mins. of viewing then it cuts to the paywall inviting me to pay 14.95euro per month for the service
Old May 8th 2017, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Peter.

Indeed you are correct. Sorry for that link then. It must be a very recent development. I had heard that the UK had "narrowed" whatever it is that they narrowed, the net result is that its getting more and more difficult to avoid the pay to watch route.

At the moment however a VPN still works on that link

The Kodi still works great if you are interested in that. I just tried it again now.

I have not tried the satellite route yet as I don't have the TV set up as to much dust from the work I am doing.

i will ask around if if I find something I will post it here (after checking to see that the link works )
Old May 8th 2017, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmmmmmm

BBC One Live Stream. BBC One Live Streaming. - UK TV in Spain

This may be of interest to you Peter and others.

Watch UK TV Online – Live & Free British TV Streaming

I did check it. Just scroll down the page.

GBA
Old May 9th 2017, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GBA77
This may be of interest to you Peter and others.

Watch UK TV Online – Live & Free British TV Streaming

I did check it. Just scroll down the page.

GBA
Thanks - This works brilliantly.
Old May 10th 2017, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Stegy is an unknown quantity at this point

This site also works, you dont get all channels but no VPN needed. It does go down sometimes for repair problems but is usually ok.

https://watchbritishtv.com/
Old May 10th 2017, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt subtitles/captions are not available ... correct?
This is something I rely on being deaf!
Old May 10th 2017, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Stegy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Fentiger I didnt check but you are probably right.
You would think with modern tech this service should be easily available for most tv media etc to make it available and accessible to as many as possible. Unfortunately the media moguls and companies etc are not very enlightened unless there is a bottom line profit in it for them.
Old May 10th 2017, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Stegy:

You don't need a VPN (yet) for that link I posted.

Fentiger. Why don't you email the fellow at Robs Satellite and ask him? It may be something simple you can do.

I did not follow up on the sub titles aspect because if its activated my wife reads the bloody words out loud. To make matters worse she then asks for the explanation of some words all whilst I am trying to watch/listen.

GBA
Old May 11th 2017, 10:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

I did not follow up on the sub titles aspect because if its activated my wife reads the bloody words out loud. To make matters worse she then asks for the explanation of some words all whilst I am trying to watch/listen.
Oh you have got one of those too! My OH insists on repeating chunks of what we have both just seen & heard, which means the next sequence is lost, so irritating!
Old May 11th 2017, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope that I will be able to access British TV with subtitles once I am living in Hungary permanently because I don't fancy playing scrabble with my Hungarian wife every night. She has beaten me more times than I have beaten her!

We are aware Hungarian TV has subtitles but it's a bit of a minefield. It seems different TV channels have a different subtitles/text page!

The one thing I love about Hungarian TV whenever I am in Hungary is the enormous choice of sport to watch. Here in UK you gotta dig deep into your pockets to get the same!
Old May 11th 2017, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are on a no hoper with the Scrabble, Hungarians should be limited to 18 letter Countdown word puzzles. Language aside I agree much of Hungarian TV is quite good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.