Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

English TV in Hungary

English TV in Hungary

Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:35 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English TV in Hungary

Just checked and the NPRM is a roof mount which I'm sure isn't included in the other price and therefore makes this one less expensive, is that right?
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
And there are "the hidden" extras. The NPRM and LNB - whatever they might be. Is the NPRM included in Keith's price or is it just the LNB?
Keith's price comes complete (we think ) he is investigating all the quotes he has.

There was one company who quoted around 65.000 but does not come with the mount so he is looking into the cost of having one made so it can all be very confusing
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Just checked and the NPRM is a roof mount which I'm sure isn't included in the other price and therefore makes this one less expensive, is that right?
I will forward you the whole email he sent me on your other email address could not copy and paste it did not come out right
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:48 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bronty
I have just got off the phone with the man in charge again. They have confirmed that, even with the new prices coming in, it would come to195,000forint....confirmed. even with afa (VAT 27%) it is still £700. Why are you asking for prices in euros when you are in Hungary?
Hi Bronty, it might be an idea if you could ask whether they would offer a discount for a bulk purchase - without the NPRM (if this was required people could by it separately. Perhaps enquire about bulk delivery and instillation? Not thought through as muggy head but you know what I mean

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Jun 20th 2012 at 10:50 am.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

bronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant future

Hi rural,
I will be supplying the bits and bobs from the UK (sky box, quad LNB etc)and installation will be done by ourselves and help from our electrician and friends. The builder is making a proper mount on ground level for us. Can't imaging a big dish on a roof. This specific work would have to be negotiated by whoever wants it, but I have known people who have had work done and they still cannot get the channels they want.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 11:07 am
I bite my thumb at thee

No, I wouldn't fancy one that size on the roof - not with the winds we get here and then you have to look at the planning issue also.

Klarika: it either didn't include the price of the LND or the mount, one or the other. This price is a good price and the other company I posted might even be a bit cheaper - also, they are in Hungary should you have a problem.

It's no skin off my nose where people buy their dish from, I don't even have satellite - I only posted the links to help those who are looking for the cheapest option.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

No way will they fit on roofs they are far far to big we have put in a base up the garden Alan has fitted load's of them in Spain they need to be floor mounted for sure. I have spoken to the companies you have provided links for and other's in Budapest wanting the cheapest option. I'm only passing on information that I have found out hoping it will help other's too. I will leave it now and wait for Keith to come back with his proposal.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 11:29 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Should you require a mount, this chap manufactures them and I believe they can be made to your specifications.

http://www.lakatos-munka.hu/antennatartok/antenna.htm
Old Jun 20th 2012, 11:39 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by klarika
No way will they fit on roofs they are far far to big we have put in a base up the garden Alan has fitted load's of them in Spain they need to be floor mounted for sure. I have spoken to the companies you have provided links for and other's in Budapest wanting the cheapest option. I'm only passing on information that I have found out hoping it will help other's too. I will leave it now and wait for Keith to come back with his proposal.
The mount you were quoted for is a NPRM, Non-Penetrating Roof Mount (satellite antenna) - though you obviously know this with Alan's experience. If it's going onto or can be fitted into a concrete base, I wouldn't have thought it needed the NPRM and that there would be a less expensive way of fitting it? Though as I don't have satellite, what do I know? I'm sure you will all sort it out somehow.

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Jun 20th 2012 at 12:03 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:42 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

There are several Hungarian companies that can supply 1.8 dishes, you just need to contact them for the details as they tend not to be listed on the sites and are for pre order only.

This site has the same 1.5 though it is slightly more expensive but they state that 1.8 dishes can be ordered - so worth giving them a call or dropping them an email.
Seems the store above is the most competitive with the dish and mount and lnb coming in at just over 90,000 ft - though I think this is without tax.
There is a Brit trying to get a deal if bought in bulk but if not, it's still a good price - I think. Hope that's you all sorted now - until they change it again in November
Old Jun 21st 2012, 1:02 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

No bulk discount so back to how it stood last week. The details above are of a shop which will sell you what you require. All you need to do is phone or email them, order your dish and hey presto! It will be delivered. At the price noted above, I'm guessing it's not the Gibertini dish so best ask what make it is. Once bought and installed, hope it still works come November Alternatively, spend the summer reading, in the garden, swimming, watching Hungarian TV and worry about satellite in the winter
Old Jul 13th 2012, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

What is the British television situation that was metioned by Keith at the expats meeting at Pikki, I would be interested to know.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 12:53 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by richardmc
What is the British television situation that was metioned by Keith at the expats meeting at Pikki, I would be interested to know.
The last I heard, Keith is getting his from one of the shops in the links above and it's a case of everybody is sorting out their own as no bulk discounts are available. I would wait till November if I were you as it changes again and might be you won't need the larger dish.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by richardifmc
My self and Keith sorted this out I ordered 5 and we all but 1 person have them installed and working ITV, BBC's no problems.

I am about to order another 1 next week for some one else if you would like I can order for you too though would need the money upfront the total cost was 120.000 forint (that was with out LNB) this is not expensive if you want ordering The delivery was 22000 this could be split between you and the other person I am ordering for. ( as we did with the 5) The dishes were delivered to my address and my husband delivered to the individual houses
depending on where you live he could do the same.
Or you could ring direct yourself his name is Posta Tibor 06209458119

Last edited by klarika; Jul 14th 2012 at 3:20 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 4:25 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by klarika
Or you could ring direct yourself his name is Posta Tibor 06209458119
So he went with sat.hu in the end. Thought he might as out of the links posted, I said they were one of the more reliable companies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.