Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

EMPTY VAN COMING FROM HUNGARY ON 2ND DECEMBER

EMPTY VAN COMING FROM HUNGARY ON 2ND DECEMBER

Old Nov 17th 2011, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

chrischris is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up EMPTY VAN COMING FROM HUNGARY ON 2ND DECEMBER

i am taking a Luton van full of furniture to Gyor, Hungary on 28th November 2011. I will be coming back to England on 2nd/3rd December 2011. The van will be empty on the way back and will have 18 cubic metres of space available for anybody wishing to send legitimate and legal goods back to England. My route will be as follows and my rates will be cheap. i am just looking to get a contribution towards my fuel, ferry and hire costs.

on the way back i will be passing through:

- Hungary
- Austria
- Germany
- Belgium
- Nederland
- France

Once in England I will be driving up to Lincoln and can drop off items on the way.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 17th 2011 at 5:12 pm. Reason: my telephone number is 01522 512 642 / [email protected]
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:41 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EMPTY VAN COMING FROM HUNGARY ON 2ND DECEMBER

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You might not get much of a response as basically people would be trusting a complete stranger with their goods and though I don't doubt for one minute that you are genuine, people will likely be wary.

Perhaps if you explained a bit more about your trip, are you a removal company? Do you have other Brits in Hungary who could vouch for you?
Old Nov 18th 2011, 5:15 pm
Banned

SteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You might not get much of a response as basically people would be trusting a complete stranger with their goods and though I don't doubt for one minute that you are genuine, people will likely be wary.

Perhaps if you explained a bit more about your trip, are you a removal company? Do you have other Brits in Hungary who could vouch for you?
Agree, it would be a good idea to confirm if you are a company or not :sunglasses:
and (company or not) that you are carrying permission from the hire company to drive in europe and insurance, and copy of the V5 as im sure you are aware without that, will mean vehicle being impounded if it is stopped and cmr document.
It just helps people on the forum know that they are getting a great deal. it is such a waste having to run a van back empty and is a very kind offer, will just help people to know a bit more info
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi, Thanks for responding..i am not a company. I am taking some furniture to a house that I own in Hungary and then i will be running an empty can back. The hire company knows that the van is going to Hungary and all documentation is provided as well as european breakdown cover. Due to the expense I would like to find somebody either in Western Hungary, Austria or Germany who needs to take non commerical goods back to the UK.

When i arrive in the UK I will be heading up to Lincoln and can drop items off on the way. When i get back to Hungary in January I will of course be coming on the forum looking for some expats to have a glass of wine with..

See you all soon

Cheers

Chris

p.s Thanks for pointing out that I need to supply extra info on my thread
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:18 pm
Banned

SteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really nice

[QUOTE=chrischris;9740939]
When i get back to Hungary in January I will of course be coming on the forum looking for some expats to have a glass of wine with..

Thanks for that chris, hey dont wait til jan to use the forum, some of us are still stuck in the uk and cant move over yet, dont stop me from being here May be worth your while asking someone like warberers for a pallet price if you can pallet your stuff as they are huge and back and forth frm uk all the time, just a thought as i know how expensive it is with fuel etc
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice. I have seen Waberers all over Europe so it might be worth asking. In the mean time I will push on with my van hire to take the things that are not suitable for the pallet. I intend to use the forum all the time. I am moving out to Hungary with no English friends in the region. I will be in Gyor. Thanks again

Chris
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Just to add some credibility to the move...I have been working for a dental company for 7 years and have a whole bunch of dentists in Hungary who can vouch for me. I see the point about people trusting you. chris
Old Nov 19th 2011, 9:14 am
Banned

Hi Chris, hope you get a load back, sounds like it will be a bargin for someone :-) will u be staying in Hungary frm jan? We are still waiting to sell our house in uk before we can move out on the plus side we are getting plenty of viewings so hopefully something will happen soon Cant wait, not looking forward to the actual logistics of moving but looking forward to living out there. You may want to ask the forum about winter tyres, i am told it gets bad over there winter time and i am not sure if winter tyres r complusory whilst passing through europe or what the december weather will be like etc, was just a thought but sounds like you out there regular anyway and can probably answer my thought yourself lol :sunglasses: Sure sum1 here will be able to advise if not, have a safe trip and if you not on the forum before, look forward to hearing of your adventures in Jan
Old Nov 19th 2011, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

OGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really nice

Originally Posted by SteveNLisa
You may want to ask the forum about winter tyres, i am told it gets bad over there winter time and i am not sure if winter tyres r complusory whilst passing through europe or what the december weather will be like etc, was just a thought but sounds like you out there regular anyway and can probably answer my thought yourself lol :sunglasses: Sure sum1 here will be able to advise if not, have a safe trip and if you not on the forum before, look forward to hearing of your adventures in Jan
Winter tyres: yep, good point the van will have to be fitted with these or rather all weather tyres going through Germany.
AA advice: http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...ter-tyres.html

Chris please see private message from me
Old Nov 20th 2011, 2:54 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrischris

p.s Thanks for pointing out that I need to supply extra info on my thread
No problem, providing a bit more information allows other users to feel more confident that you are in fact genuine, that way they are more likely to respond

Hope you have a safe journey - snow is forecast all day Thursday and temps below 0 till next week so it might well hang around if it does snow. Don't think Hungary will be a problem for you though as you aren't that far in and few hills where you are. As others have said though, make sure you have winter tyres for transiting Germany and Austria. Good luck