Egerszaloc

Old Jul 27th 2013, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Egerszaloc

http://www.egerszalokfurdo.hu/en

Has anyone been here? How good is it?
Old Jul 27th 2013, 4:30 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egerszaloc

Haha, somebody is buying the hype Fen

Only kidding. I was actually talking about this place to somebody a week or so ago, might have been Dave? I had previously read about it and, like you, wondered if it was worth the trip out - hopefully Paul will know
Old Jul 28th 2013, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still going anyway ..... want to be one of the few who have been to the limestone hill .... and visited the same in Pamukalle, Turkey. At the one in Turkey when I visited you were able to actually get into the pools of magnesium, calcium ... blah blah water .... but I've heard since it's no longer allowed.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
hopefully Paul will know
Who, me?
Yes, I've been several times but not for a couple of years. Personally I think it's too expensive for what it is. It's nice with plenty of pools and stuff to do but I wouldn't drive several hours to visit it....I don't even go down the road to it. The original salt hill was actually dug up a few years ago and a new base put down for the waters to run over to create a more unnatural salt waterfall
We actually prefer the spa next door at Demjen which is smaller but half the price and is open until 2am. Having said that, we don't even visit Demjen during "tourist season". Both spas can get ridiculously over-crowded in summer which really spoils your enjoyment.
I also think that the unfinished hotel complex (Saliris Resort) is a bit of an eyesore. They've been building it for many years and never quite seem to get it completed. It's impressive and modern but..........
Overall, if you're in the area pop in but don't drive any distance and expect wonderous things or you may be disappointed.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Think I'll stick to Bogacsz then!
Old Jul 28th 2013, 7:56 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked at the prices and you're right, that is expensive! It's about twice the price of Zalakaros....
Old Jul 28th 2013, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Think I'll stick to Bogacsz then!

Even that gets too busy. If you're that desperate to visit a thermal spa here wait until September and visit Demjen in the evening.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
Even that gets too busy. If you're that desperate to visit a thermal spa here wait until September and visit Demjen in the evening.
I have visited four different places: Miskolc Tapolca, Heviz, Bogacsz and one other ... forget it's name but must have been around 30-40 minutes drive from Malyi.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Was it the near Zsóry spa Mezőkövesd? That's quite popular.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

The misses went to the spa in Marcali 15 minutes from us with a Hungarian friend last Friday. Had a lovely time, areas separate from children. There were 7 pools including thermal, pension rates- entrance fee just under 1000ft for the day and 20 min massage 2000ft 20 mins, and clean. Oh, I had 5 hours of peace at home
Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:53 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I have visited four different places: Miskolc Tapolca, Heviz, Bogacsz and one other ... forget it's name but must have been around 30-40 minutes drive from Malyi.
Taploca is lovely, did you visit the spa caves (not the tourist caves) I have often wondered if it's worth taking my son there?

There are numerous little spas about which are inexpensive but I like Zalakaros, they have an abundance of pools, including several thermal pools, a water park with slides for the teenagers and a separate water play house for the smaller children, wave pool and a new treatment are where both medicinal and wellness treatments are available. There is usually some entertainment on in the "square" of an evening so we can make a full day of it.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
Was it the near Zsóry spa Mezőkövesd? That's quite popular.
I'll need to check with the wife. There's actually two other places I forgot I visited ... one of them being Hotel Gellert ....
Old Jul 29th 2013, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Taploca is lovely, did you visit the spa caves (not the tourist caves) I have often wondered if it's worth taking my son there?

There are numerous little spas about which are inexpensive but I like Zalakaros, they have an abundance of pools, including several thermal pools, a water park with slides for the teenagers and a separate water play house for the smaller children, wave pool and a new treatment are where both medicinal and wellness treatments are available. There is usually some entertainment on in the "square" of an evening so we can make a full day of it.
Spa caves? Where are these spa caves? Inside Tapolca? Think last time I went inside Tapolca was 2002 or 2003 in both winter and summer. The outside has expanded since then.

Miskolc Tapolca - worth visiting? If you like bats flying inches over your head it's great .... only kidding! Well, when I saw it for the first time I thought it was absolutely cool .... not sure what I would think now I've seen and visited more spas/places, etc. I think it is one of those "one visit places" where you go yourself and any other time you go there again it is to take someone who wants to see it.

(Going off point ... a friend of my wife and mine actually grew up in the Miskolc Tapolca area courtesy of his father winning some money on a Hungarian lottery. He said it is so different now!).
Old Jul 29th 2013, 2:10 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Haha, I thought you had missed out a comma and meant Tapolca.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Haha, I thought you had missed out a comma and meant Tapolca.
Ah, did not realise there was a place called Tapolca! Always thought the one in Miskolc was called 'Miskolc Tapolca!!! Oops! Mistake wasn't courtesy of drinking too much palinka!