Dust

Old May 2nd 2021, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dust

We seem to get an incredibly thick covering of dust in the house where we live, far more than in the UK.
If we experience the same in the house we're moving to is it worth buying an air purifier?
Most of the floor is tiled or has laminated wood with alot of rugs all around the house. There's no wood burner here.

Old May 3rd 2021, 12:22 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dust

Are you certain it is dust and not tree polen? If your house is not sealed well I am not sure an air purifier would help
Old May 3rd 2021, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Are you certain it is dust and not tree polen? If your house is not sealed well I am not sure an air purifier would help
We've had this since we moved here nearly a year ago.
Old May 3rd 2021, 12:29 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have gas convector heating that vents thru the wall to the outside?
Old May 3rd 2021, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

CH radiators. Boiler is in garage.
Old May 3rd 2021, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

CH radiators. Boiler is in garage.
Old May 3rd 2021, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Here near Esztergom and the Danube the air is also very dusty - the soil is essentially sand, and the wind blows ....
With my first wife who was a heavy smoker we used an "air washer" by Venta (not cheap) to get rid of the dust and smoke and also get a higher humidity.
Do you measure your humidity?It shouldn't be to high (below 60%, risk of mold) but also not too low, min 40%.
Old May 3rd 2021, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wolfi
Here near Esztergom and the Danube the air is also very dusty - the soil is essentially sand, and the wind blows ....
With my first wife who was a heavy smoker we used an "air washer" by Venta (not cheap) to get rid of the dust and smoke and also get a higher humidity.
Do you measure your humidity?It shouldn't be to high (below 60%, risk of mold) but also not too low, min 40%.
Humidity inside is between 37-39%. Outside humidity is 25%. I often got higher readings for both in UK!
Is there a gadget to measure how clean the air is inside the house?
I should add when we viewed houses most of them were spotless, not a teeny weeny bit of dust anywhere! Hence, why I'm asking about dust in the house!
​​I've just remembered we have a portable air conditioner and I'm certain it has an option for improving the quality of the air inside but not sure what it can do for dust! It does have a "washable" filter.

Last edited by FenTiger; May 3rd 2021 at 3:36 am.
Old May 3rd 2021, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

I've just got back from the Nemzeti Dohanybolt and had a good look at the road. There seems to be a coating of sand but could be the grit from winter which hasn't been completely washed away. Walking the dog when it's wet he does tend to pick up these small particles from the road, mostly along the edge. But it's definitely not the dog bringing it all in because it is everywhere!
Old May 3rd 2021, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I've just got back from the Nemzeti Dohanybolt and had a good look at the road. There seems to be a coating of sand but could be the grit from winter which hasn't been completely washed away. Walking the dog when it's wet he does tend to pick up these small particles from the road, mostly along the edge. But it's definitely not the dog bringing it all in because it is everywhere!
At the moment because I'm using my wood burning stove in the living room, everything is almost permanently covered in dust. I can dust twice a day and not make much difference. Once I've finished having a fire, I'll still have dust but this will be from the soil blowing from the fields. I rather suspect that this is what is happening where you live..

Old May 4th 2021, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict