Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

drylining in hungary

drylining in hungary

Old Oct 25th 2015, 11:03 am
Just Joined

ruairi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default drylining in hungary

Anyone know where to source drylining , bonding compound and mushrooms in northwest Hungary and if one knew what to ask for brand wise so much the better thanks and regards R
Old Oct 25th 2015, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: drylining in hungary

The plasterboard sizes are different to those in UK so you will need to adjust the timber spacings accordingly. I suggest you initially look in somewhere like OBI or Praktiker to see what there is available but then go to your local timber merchant for the wood and the local builders merchant for the plasterboard, joint filler, tape etc.

Gipszkarton 12,5 mm az OBI webáruházban
Old Oct 25th 2015, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that.
I was hoping I could source insulated plasterboard which is fixed with bonding compound and mushroom springnails and doesn't require wooden supports. I have never seen it in Hungary but I'm sure there must be some available.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruairi
Thanks for that.
I was hoping I could source insulated plasterboard which is fixed with bonding compound and mushroom springnails and doesn't require wooden supports. I have never seen it in Hungary but I'm sure there must be some available.
What fidobsa said about plasterboard +1

I have not seen insulated plasterboard in Hungary.

If I can ask - On to what type of wall are you intending to put the insulated plasterboard.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Don't expect to find all the latest materials available in Hungary. I was trying for ages to find wetwall panels for bathrooms but it looks like I will end up removing all the mortared on old tiles, replastering and retiling the room.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks again folks ,Im hoping to dryline some two foot thick plastered rubble (Stone and brick) walls. Oh dear if wetwall panels are the green plasterboard i may be in more trouble if you cant get them though you could probably tank standard 12mm plasterboard. Id get the Evostick kit not Bal for both price and coverage reasons if not available in Hungary that can be posted or couriered Thankfully Hungary has so much else to offer so they can be forgiven for some of the inconveniences
Old Oct 26th 2015, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

This is what I mean by wetwall:
https://www.wetwall.com/

I did a couple of bathrooms for friends in Scotland with it and it is such a lot less work than tiling. I have not looked but I would think the foil backed plasterboard is available in Hungary. I have not seen the paper backed insulation for use with dry linings but again it is not something I have needed so far. Rising damp on inside walls can be a problem here as they often only put a damp course in the outside walls.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Thanks , I used a similar system ( Neptune) on my bathroom ceilings in Mayo in Ireland the wettest county on the planet. I tanked the walls after stuck green plasterboard to the existing walls using bonding compound and mushroom nails I even stuck green plasterboard to insulated plasterboard and tanked the lot. never a problem since. i know I have seen a website that mentioned insulated plasterboard in Hungary but typical of my luck cant find it. I am near Papa so reasonably close to the Austrian and Slovakian borders so may have a peep at websites from there. Its a shame though the system I'm looking for would be perfect for hungarian builders it quarters the time in slabbing and is much more cost effective. Where you in Hungary
Old Oct 26th 2015, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

The way I over come such problems was to stud out with 5 * 5cm with foil on the back then placed 5cm eps 80 insulting board then covered all the shower area with 22 * 96mm T&G Boards these wear heavily give Moore than one coat of Danish Wood Oil the bottom leading edges into the shower wear cut at 45dg. to form the drip edge all pipe work was within the insulated wall sections this was 6 years ago and all I do is give a extra coat of oil yearly digger47
Old Oct 26th 2015, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruairi
Thanks again folks ,Im hoping to dryline some two foot thick plastered rubble (Stone and brick) walls. Oh dear if wetwall panels are the green plasterboard i may be in more trouble if you cant get them though you could probably tank standard 12mm plasterboard. Id get the Evostick kit not Bal for both price and coverage reasons if not available in Hungary that can be posted or couriered Thankfully Hungary has so much else to offer so they can be forgiven for some of the inconveniences
You can get the green plasterboard (water resistant) here. The usual practice here (or at least what I have seen done) is to put up the green plasterboard then give it 2 coats of paint on waterproof membrane (folyékony fdólia) and then tile over. (I've not manages to find the fire resist plasterboard yet so to meet the regs 2 layers of 12mm PB are needed.

If you were thinking of using the insulated plasterboard on the two foot thick plastered rubble (Stone and brick) walls and these are external walls then you won't be doing the wall any favours, you would be much better to insulate the outside of the walls. And if you haven't found out yet, and if your walls are anything like mine then it is very difficult to get a screw in where you want it as the drill will skate off the stones in all directions - or the drill hits the earth between the stones and disappears in to the wall and the resultant hole won't hold anything.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Peter The system I have used many times is by sticking insulated plasterboard to the interior walls using bonding compound and a few mushroom spring nails per slab. Its probably more expensive than stud, insulate and screwing plasterboard but it takes a fraction of the time. In bathrooms I have in the past bonded green plasterboard to the insulated stuff and tanked that for good measure. Kingspan make the materials I require and have a presence in Hungary Its a shame they dont answer emails either here or in Ireland.
Old Nov 7th 2015, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Have sourced the bloody stuff in Belgium and they will forward to Gyor What a longwinded process Now does anyone know if wetwall or similar products are available in Hungary Sorry for being a pest
Old Dec 15th 2015, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Glan is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just acquired a house in kisbodak and am looking for a plumber and electrician who are able to install 2 bathrooms and fit new lights. We hope to use the house as a residential centre for young people to visit. Any help would be great.