Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Driving in Hungary

Driving in Hungary

Old Oct 22nd 2018, 8:27 am
Just Joined

man of yorkshire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driving in Hungary

Our Family vehicle is a 4x4 seven speed auto the kind of vehicle that some pick their off spring up from school but is very adapt at most road surfaces unlike the car I normally drive which is a Lexus supplied from work the advantage being its free , its very good actually except on some of our road surfaces which are nothing short of horrendous .

I will admit to being not just surprised but shocked how quiet your roads are and the quality of surfaces I enjoyed driving even on the other side of the road , we had a look at a couple of houses in the zala area , neither was particularly suitable for one reason or another but at least it broke the ice of looking at property in another country next visit will be around Balaton I should add that all the people we came across were really lovely , a word I would not use lightly but we did not find a grumpy face even when I watched the Hungary / Estonia( I think) football game all were very pleasant people and it seems anywhere we went the area was clean with no litter and no obnoxious smell of drugs along with the little silver bottles that we have to put up with .
Really enjoyed Hungary , looking back now I don't know why I was so nervous about driving .