Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Domestic waste bin stickers

Domestic waste bin stickers

Old Jan 22nd 2020, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

almafak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Domestic waste bin stickers

I put my domestic waste container out as usual this morning but it was not emptied. The dustbinmen left a notice on the bin cover that reads:
Tájékoztatjuk, hogy az Ön által kihelyezett edény nem tartalmazza az edény azonosítására szolgáló mátricát, ezért nem tudjuk üríteni.
Kérjük haladéktalanul keresse fel Ügyfélszolgálatunkat!
Groogle Translate thinks this means: Please note that the container you have placed does not contain a matrix for identifying the container and therefore cannot be emptied.
Please contact our Customer Service immediately!
The house opposite had a similar sticker too. A bit of research told me that a bin sticker system has been introduced nationally and began on January 1. It appears to tie a bin to an address.

There were no notices in the bus shelter from Pannonia this year. I would have thought that householders would have been issued with a sticker. Has anyone else come up against this? I live in a village in the Naygkanizsa collection area.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 10:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Domestic waste bin stickers

That hasn't hit us in Budapest, yet! Bins emptied as normal.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 2:22 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Has not hit us yet either here near Kaposvar. Our bin was emptied today as normal. Kaviz is who bills us for rubbish collection. To the OP who is your service provider and what area are you in?
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Almafak, did you (have to ...) pay for your garbage?
Here in Zala county you have to register with and get a bill from Zalaispa.
Our garbage bin has name and address on it, got that sticker many years ago already.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

That's a new one on me and good to know ... I didn't know there was a seperate garbage collection bill and thought it was included in the land tax ... my neighbour didn't mention it when he was filling in all of the forms for me ! How much is the annual garbage bill in Zala County ?
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

My wife told me that it's around 6000 HUF per quarter we pay directly from the bank account.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

almafak is an unknown quantity at this point

I also thought that garbage collection was included in the village tax. The garbage containers were provided by the village administration office and not our collection company (NFV Pannonia). Several neighbours were in the same position yesterday with unemptied bins.

I located the NFV Pannonia Facebook page this morning. There is a link to the Zala megyei news portal explaining the new requirement: https://www.zaol.hu/kozelet/helyi-ko...izsan-3551328/ issued on January 9. It looks like each individual regional waste management company decides when and how to implement the vignette scheme.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
My wife told me that it's around 6000 HUF per quarter we pay directly from the bank account.
We get quarterly bills but the amount will depend upon the size of the bin you choose. We don't have stickers (yet) in the Tapolca area. My son in Székesfehérvár has has stickers for several years and these are annual and quote the size of the bin chosen.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Almost everybody here has 120 liter bins - II think only businesses have containers.
Btw the money you pay also gets you the monthly "Selektiv" collection of recyclables in yellow bags (which you get for free from the garbage people) - based on the German model of the "Gelber Sack".
And paper/carton is also collected.
PS and a bit OT:
Some of our neighbours don't use those yellow bags - just put everything (even dead animals ...) in the trash bin which then of course is filled every week.
But there are more and more people who care for the environment and separate the different types of trash
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Somogy area waste contractors are NKM about 4500ft/quarter. This year there were no stickers, usually sent late December for January. I contacted my neighbours and they stated February we should receive. They have collected waste up until now. I tried to contact the company through Skype (payable) but it is all in Hungarian, no surprise there, and got nowhere. Their times of collection on the day is a lottery so I put my bin out the night before. In the charge they provide a large yellow plastic bin for plastics/paper etc and give 2 very small bags for glass, nowhere near big enough so we dispose at other correct locations.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Enter, thanks - so obviously the way and the amount of trash collecting is different from one county to the next - here e g we bring our glass to the Interspar, they took away the glass containers everywhere. Probably (or rather surely) because of misuse -we saw all kinds of trash in those containers, a sorry state of affairs.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Hurray, got my sticker this week with timetable.