Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Dog Friendly Travel

Dog Friendly Travel

Old Feb 11th 2011, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Dog Friendly Travel

For those of you who have drove from the UK to Hungary - does anyone have any suggestions for some dog friendly stop overs on the way - or even good travel routes? Many thanks :-)
Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:43 am
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog Friendly Travel

With 1 driver & an early start from Dover we can get to the German Austrian border in a long day. There is a beautiful town there called Scharding were we have stayed a couple of times. Some Hotels pricy but not all. Recomend
Hotel Scheurecker
Schärdinger Hof
Innbruckstr. 6
A-4780 Schärding

Telefon:
national: 07712 / 4404 0
internat.:+43 7712 / 4404 0

Fax.:
national: 07712 / 4408
internat.:+43 7712 / 4408

http://www.schaerdingerhof.at/

Good rooms, relaxed people & excellent breakfast. Don't know their policy on dogs but they may well allow & they will tell you on the phone.

Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

hotpot will become famous soon enoughhotpot will become famous soon enough

at the time we drove over we had a very large white german shepherd dog. we stopped at a motor way rest stop in southern germany and the dog cost us 10 euros for the night and was allowed in the restaurant as well. for three people and the dog i think it was arround 100 euros. you also got vouchers for breakfast to have and eat as much as you wanted. please note that was 6 years ago so prices will have gone up
Old Feb 15th 2011, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the info! What routes do people usually use - through Germany and Austria?

Many thanks
Old Feb 15th 2011, 8:56 am
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Tom Tom tells us where to go! Yes through France (Norfolk Ferry), Belgium, tip into Netherlands, Germany, Austria into Hungary. Germany is huge!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:17 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John Gilbert View Post
Germany is huge!

Completely agree, when driving through it, you feel as though you are never going to get to "the other side"!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

tonydilihaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary View Post
Completely agree, when driving through it, you feel as though you are never going to get to "the other side"!
hi there. We've 5 German Shepherds and have done research, although to date have not travelled with them
To Hungary:
Dog pee stop outside Dover. Ideally the channel tunnel outbound as I think dogs go free, but inbound...brace yourselves...£30/animal! Ferries £15/animal, Newhaven Dieppe £12/animal.
Dog pee stop on the Calais-Brussels motorway, Jabbek Den Hann services.
thence onwards to Frankfurt, about 8 hours.
Nice Kennels, English speaking: Hundepension Lalu, An der Jungertshohl 1, 61169 Friedberg-Bruchenbruchen. [email protected]
Next day; we spilt off at Linz...Graz...OrizenPeter and down to near Lenti. Dog pee stop in a field just off Austrian town of Treglwang. Back at the house about 12 hours after Frankfurt.
From Hungary:
Reverse the route, several good dog stops in Germany. P597, P583, P569. But the all important dog worming, 24/48 hour window done a Lalu the evening of arrival, ready for journey to Calais 24 hours later.
Thats the theory! I'm getting proper fencing done around the house & until its finished I'm not allowed to come with them!
Let me know how you get on, please