Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Document extensions

Document extensions

Old Apr 13th 2022, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Document extensions

I have just completed a Proof of Life certificate for the Pension people.
In the process I discovered my Driving Licence expired 3 months ago!
OK so this is entirely my faulty, but as is always the way with these things when I called the doctor for a medical he is off sick this week and on holiday next week.
My one small glimmer of hope is a vague recollection that the expire date of such documents was extended because of Covid and the reduction of officials who could deal with renewals.
My question is is/was this in fact true, and is it still in force now, or am I going to be a healthy person bicycling everywhere for the next couple of weeks?

I have a horrible feeling the answer is going to be 'On your bike mate'

Last edited by duztee; Apr 13th 2022 at 10:12 am.
Old Apr 13th 2022, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Document extensions

I do know that Residency paperwork that expired through the end of February was extended 6 months beyond what was the original expiration date. I did not hear about any other documents having extended dates.

Unless your driving a lot until you can get your medical done you could probably do what everyone else does around my area and feign I forgot as an excuse and probably get a verbal warning if you were to get pulled over. One of my neighbours is German and he forgot and they just let him off with a verbal warning recently. I am not telling you what to do that is your decision but no more than I drive these days I would risk it for a couple more weeks.
Old Apr 14th 2022, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Document extensions

Some years ago when I was stopped by the police at a routine road block, I was told my driving licence was out of date by several months. The police didn't fine me just told me to get it renewed as soon as possible. If you don't want to wait until your doctor gets back, you could always go privately to somewhere like Medicover to get your certificate. I live in Miskolc and we have a large private clinic which I have used in the past for tests on my eyes and their ENT dept. Costs about 15 000 HUF for a consultation.