Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Do you need a vignette for the M1 between Tata and Tatabanya?

Do you need a vignette for the M1 between Tata and Tatabanya?

Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

rammy100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you need a vignette for the M1 between Tata and Tatabanya?

We are planning to drive from Bratislava to Budapest via Komarno and thus avoid toll-roads.

However, both Google maps and our Tom Tom put us on the M1 for maybe 10km between Tata and Tatabanya even though I select a route that avoids tolls?

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks,

Dave
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

PRIMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do you need a vignette for the M1 between Tata and Tatabanya?

you do need vignette along the M1 Don,t take any chance's for there are always lots of police and camera vans along the motorway's, i go down that way alot and i have seen it for my own eyes
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Primo and I agree.

It is just strange that two unconnected types of navigation take us exactly the same way with a 10km stretch on the M1 when I have excluded toll roads from my search.

Again, thanks

Dave
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Tapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really nice

Originally Posted by rammy100
Thanks Primo and I agree.

It is just strange that two unconnected types of navigation take us exactly the same way with a 10km stretch on the M1 when I have excluded toll roads from my search.

Again, thanks

Dave
just goes to show you can't beat good old fashioned paper maps, more exciting to look at and it shows your location relative to other areas of the route, not just a red line to follow.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:05 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

We are planning to drive from Bratislava to Budapest via Komarno and thus avoid toll-roads.

However, both Google maps and our Tom Tom put us on the M1 for maybe 10km between Tata and Tatabanya even though I select a route that avoids tolls?

Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks,

Dave
That section of road is toll free.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
That section of road is toll free.
Thanks Rural H. I had a feeling it was but didn't want to get caught out. I have since found this http://www.motorway.hu/Toll-tariffs/Toll-free-sections/

Dave
Old Mar 28th 2013, 4:50 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rural H. I had a feeling it was but didn't want to get caught out. I have since found this http://www.motorway.hu/Toll-tariffs/Toll-free-sections/

Dave
That's what I use