Disability shop

Old Jun 8th 2010, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

hotpot will become famous soon enoughhotpot will become famous soon enough
Default Disability shop

can anyone help me out and let me know if they know of any shop selling disability equipment.
I know i can get wheelchairs. walking frames and some other stuff from the hospital at a reduced rate but i am looking for smaller things.
mostly to help me in the kitchen or dressing. I have had some things sent from the UK but with out trying them first it is a bit of a mine field.
any help would fantastic, thank you
Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:58 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disability shop

Hi Hotpot, I don't know personally but I can find out for you as I know someone who is disabled and lives here permanently. Also, I have a friend who is buying a property in your village, perhaps we could arrange a get together sometime, if your interested.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

hi rural yes that would nice love meeting new people.
i presume you are talking about richard, he was over a few weeks ago and we met up with him then.
i will send you a PM with our address and phone number and you will always be welcome.

esp if you come up with a disabled shopping place. don't matter how far away it is.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:12 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I will contact them now and see if they know of a shop. No, not Richard, another friend who is just at the negotiating stage. It's becoming a popular village though I can understand why as it is so handy for the lake and has a nice atmosphere about it. Have to make lunch just now, will PM you this afternoon.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

soapmaker will become famous soon enough

Hello Hotpot!

In Hungary shops that sell these sort of products are called " Gyógyászati segédeszköz bolt" and there is one I know of in Zalaegerszeg, and there was one in Tancsics Mihály street ( also in Zalaegerszeg)a year ago.

I would recommend calling them to ask if they have what you need before going there, hope they speak English, if not, I can help. Just write me an e-mail on what you need and I can ask for you, I speak Hungarian.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 1:30 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi soapmaker and welcome to the forum. I am sure Hotpot will really appreciate the information.

Where abouts in Hungary are you?
Can I deduce from your user name that you make soap, just curious as I make handmade soap

Hope you stick around enjoy the forum.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Hello Rural!

Thank you for the kind welcome!

Yes you guessed correctly, my wife and I make handmade soap. We live in Keszthely, may I ask where you live?
Its great that you also make soap!
But this all has nothing to do with hotpots disability shop topic, so, I would recommend we continue our personal discourse privately. What do you say?
I don't yet know how to send email to your personal email address.

Cheers
Old Jun 16th 2010, 2:10 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi soapmaker you're more than welcome.

Hopefully, BE will soon be extending the Welcome Inn to the different sub/country forums. This will provide a place to say hello and find out a bit more about each other. Unfortunatley, for now, this can only be done within a thread; as such it may appear that I am hijacking threads You can find out more here.

To send a PM, click on the persons user name, a drop down menu should appear offering you the option to PM the user. You must have 3 posts before the PM option is available.
We are just outside Zalaszabar, about 25 minutes from Keszthely.

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Jun 16th 2010 at 2:16 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

hi soapmaker

thankyou very much for the info very useful to know what the shop is called. would have answered you a bit quicker but was out meeting rural hungarys other half, but she does not know that yet.
i live in balatonszentgyorgy not far from you but we come under somogy and our phonebook only covers somogy so will look in there first before zala.
i am sorry i cant tell you what i want as i dont really know my self. i just wanted to see things and try them to see if they would help out and make my life a bit easier.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 2:24 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

I was going to mention to you today that he was in Balatonszentgyorgy!

It sure is a small world
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Oh I just noticed that you have answered Hotpot!

You are very welcome!
If you need any such help in the future, i will be glad to help if I can!
Old Jul 13th 2010, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

just to let you all know went to Zalaegerszeg yesterday and found the disability aids shop. very small but most things have to be ordered which i can understand. but had a great shop as we spent my whole months pension in just 30 mins.

our house is now looking like a nursing home
Old Jul 15th 2010, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Great!

Thanks for the news!
I'm glad to hear that you have found what you where looking for!

Have a good time getting used to your new nursing home : )