British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   Digger47 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/digger47-911456/)

BEVS Jul 3rd 2018 12:15 am

Re: Digger47

Originally Posted by GBA77 (Post 12526067)
Limited update.
I have been trying to get hold of Digger for sometime now. Phone messages and emails remain unanswered. I reached out to another friend who knows him. The news is that apparently it was touch and go as to whether the airline would allow him on the flight due to his condition at the boarding gate. He was given oxygen on the flight.
It appears as though Digger is no longer in contact with his daughter, the who why where or reason can only be guessed at. I further understand that Digger is under the care of a social work and am sure that they will see him right.

I am trying to get some contact details with the aim of going to see Digger asap before I return back to Hungary.

You are a bright shiny star :starsmile:

Thank you so much for popping in to update. It is good to know he is getting the care he needs. I do hope that Dad and daughter can mend whatever it is . Life is far too short for upsets.

GBA77 Jul 4th 2018 9:07 am

Calls to Digger are just met with the message "the number you have called is not recognized". Still no replies to emails. Oh well!.

All we can do is hope that he is ok. IF I hear anything I will post it here.

Jerseygirl Jul 4th 2018 10:27 am

Originally Posted by GBA77 (Post 12527036)
Calls to Digger are just met with the message "the number you have called is not recognized". Still no replies to emails. Oh well!.

All we can do is hope that he is ok. IF I hear anything I will post it here.

Oh no...i don’t like the sound of that. :(

Thanks again,

scrubbedexpat142 Jul 4th 2018 10:31 am

Originally Posted by GBA77 (Post 12527036)
Calls to Digger are just met with the message "the number you have called is not recognized". Still no replies to emails. Oh well!. .

That can mean a lot.....or it can mean nothing, let's hope its the latter.

Thanks again for the update.

GBA77 Jul 4th 2018 9:16 pm

Well well well!

Received a call from Digger this afternoon. I almost fell out my chair.

Firstly Digger wishes to thank all those who wished him well. His speech has improved a lot since I last saw and spoke with him although after a while, as I would expect, he did get a bit "tongue tired" or whatever the correct word is for his condition. Nonetheless he is on the mend and currently at a residential home and under care. My understanding is that in the next 3 weeks he is will move to another care facility - he did explain but I could not fully understand him. His right side is still very weak, he cannot walk much and I guess that his rehab people are sorting that.

I offered to chat with his carer/s with the aim to see if there was anything he needed and which I could arrange to get/send to him, but I was refused. Thats a sign he is getting better imho. I did say that I would go and see him before I returned to Hungary and as I will be driving back, I may very well see him on the way as its a good 3 1/2 hours from me.

Thats pretty much all. More when I have it.

scrubbedexpat142 Jul 4th 2018 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by GBA77 (Post 12527340)
Well well well!

Firstly Digger wishes to thank all those who wished him well. His speech has improved a lot since I last saw and spoke with him although after a while, as I would expect, he did get a bit "tongue tired" or whatever the correct word is for his condition. Nonetheless he is on the mend and currently at a residential home and under care. My understanding is that in the next 3 weeks he is will move to another care facility - he did explain but I could not fully understand him. His right side is still very weak, he cannot walk much and I guess that his rehab people are sorting that.

I offered to chat with his carer/s with the aim to see if there was anything he needed and which I could arrange to get/send to him, but I was refused. Thats a sign he is getting better imho. I did say that I would go and see him before I returned to Hungary and as I will be driving back, I may very well see him on the way as its a good 3 1/2 hours from me.

That's a relief! FWIW my Mother recovered everything except, even now, 10 years on, her voice will slur a little, when she is tired.

BEVS Jul 4th 2018 9:27 pm

Well well well!

Fab. Thanks SO much for this. Please send him my very best.

Jerseygirl Jul 4th 2018 10:24 pm

Well well well!

What a coincidence...just as we’ve been asking about him...he gets in touch with you.

Sounds promising.

A big thank you.

wolfi Jul 5th 2018 12:41 pm

Thanks, GBA, for the good news!
Tell digger that we all wish him the very best!

Tweedpipe Jul 5th 2018 1:40 pm

Well well well!

What a great place this forum is for moral support in times of needs. And bravo for your offer of assistance to Digger! :thumbsup:

FenTiger Jul 5th 2018 4:28 pm

Hi All
As you all know I'm still living in the UK! (I'm actually home from work one hour earlier ... let's just say I believe in equality, diversity and INCLUSIVITY .... sadly .... at my place of work (NHS) this doesn't happen often enough so I left the office early!!!) .... so if there's anything I can do for Digger subject to him living within a reasonable distance from where I live in Orpington, Kent, I'll try and get anything on your behalf to him. If I could make enquiries on your behalf and you have a phone no. maybe you could pass it on so I could try and find out what is happening.