Digger47

Old Apr 17th 2018, 9:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Digger47

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Do you think he could cope with being driven back to UK in a car? My car is very small so not ideal but I would be willing to take him if it helps.
Gawd. You're so lovely
Old Apr 17th 2018, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

rickster000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Do you think he could cope with being driven back to UK in a car? My car is very small so not ideal but I would be willing to take him if it helps.
Wow, what a phenomenal offer.

Respect.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for that kind thought but dad is unable to travel with out special transport because of his condition and will need that help thank you
Old Apr 18th 2018, 2:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless of the outcome we are all rooting for you and Digger. Any help or advice required, just ask and I’m sure members will step up to help.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Regardless of the outcome we are all rooting for you and Digger. Any help or advice required, just ask and I’m sure members will step up to help.
Hear hear
Old Apr 19th 2018, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

GBA77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Went up to see the fellow yesterday.

What a difference from the last time I had seen him. He is able to sit up a lot more albeit with help. I noticed a fair amount of movement from his right leg and I understand that with the help of the physiotherapist and his daughter, he can stand for very short periods.

At the moment because he is unable to swallow, Digger is still fed by way of a feeding tube.

The Hungarian interpretation (or at least the hospital where is at at present) of the rules around the EHIC is that it only covers you during the acute stage of the illness. Once you are deemed to be out of danger or off the serious list, then you start paying yourself.

In the next week or so, Digger will be moved to a rehab center about an hour away, and the family then have to start paying roughly £250 a week for his care.

I wonder if the NHS makes Hungarians pay about F 83,000 a week for similar care? If not they should.

Obviously right now there are no set timescales but its hoped that Digger will be able to get a commercial flight back to the UK in 3/4 weeks. That will of course depend on many factors.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Good news about Digger !!

My reading of the EHIC is that Digger as a member of the EU should be treated the same as a Hungarian. For Hungarians acute treatment is free but for other treatment deemed non essential then a charge is made, so if you go to a spa for rheumatism treatment then this is chargeable with variable charges, (e.g.pensioners are cheaper) - how do I know - Been there, done that! It could well be that rehab after a stroke is deemed non essential and so Hungarians will also be charged a subsidised rate - which ought to be what Digger is to be charged.

Also prescription drugs in hospital are free but once you leave the hospital then they are chargeable with a variable subsidy.

Like any NHS the service is stretched for funds and each country apportions the available budget is different ways.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 9:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

From the Europa site -

As an EU citizen, if you unexpectedly fall ill during a temporary stay in another EU country - whether on holiday, a business trip or studying abroad - you are entitled to any medical treatment that can't wait until you get home. You have the same rights to health care as people insured in the country you are in.
The last line clarifies.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 9:58 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Must be very hard for you both.

Have you tried a picture board?

Does anyone know if these are easy to get in Hungary or perhaps from the hospital ?
I only know about speech pathology in Aus, not Hungary. But if Digger's daughter is looking into these sorts of options, the term she's after is AAC (augmented and alternative communication). There's lots of options, from low to high tech. An iPad can be quite handy, as there are so many apps available. But a really cheap, quick, low-tech way is photos of stuff stuck in a communication book.

FC that Digger is receiving the help he needs and is on the mend soon.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
I only know about speech pathology in Aus, not Hungary. But if Digger's daughter is looking into these sorts of options, the term she's after is AAC (augmented and alternative communication). There's lots of options, from low to high tech. An iPad can be quite handy, as there are so many apps available. But a really cheap, quick, low-tech way is photos of stuff stuck in a communication book.

FC that Digger is receiving the help he needs and is on the mend soon.
Mobile phones have predictive text so if he is able to use one with his good side then we should make things a little easier to communicate.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 9:13 pm
`

Originally Posted by BritInParis

& {{BIG HUGS}} Digger47's daughter.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dad getting better slowly he is due for operation next week to put a peg feed into tummy and remove that one from nose has it given him a bad thoart than he is moving yo private hospital at the end of the week
Old Apr 25th 2018, 1:30 am
`

Originally Posted by digger47
Dad getting better slowly he is due for operation next week to put a peg feed into tummy and remove that one from nose has it given him a bad thoart than he is moving yo private hospital at the end of the week
Hi there.

I hope your Dad is doing well.

Sending you my best wishes.
Old May 3rd 2018, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

GBA77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Diggers daughter has asked that I give a quick update.

He has been moved to the rehab center Szent Donát Kórház in Varpolata. He is still not on solid foods. He has a bit more use of his right leg but not much of that side arm. My guess is the progress will accelerate now that he is in a proper rehab center.

I am told that at some stage, probably when he is back in the UK, Digger will have to undergo surgery to correct block blood vessels in his neck in an attempt to prevent a further stroke.
Old May 3rd 2018, 11:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GBA77
Diggers daughter has asked that I give a quick update.

He has been moved to the rehab center Szent Donát Kórház in Varpolata. He is still not on solid foods. He has a bit more use of his right leg but not much of that side arm. My guess is the progress will accelerate now that he is in a proper rehab center.

I am told that at some stage, probably when he is back in the UK, Digger will have to undergo surgery to correct block blood vessels in his neck in an attempt to prevent a further stroke.
Thanks for the update. Let's hope he continues to progress!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.