Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Day 8 of 14 Day Self Isolation.

Day 8 of 14 Day Self Isolation.

Old Jul 31st 2020, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Day 8 of 14 Day Self Isolation.

Day 8 today. 6 more days to go. We decided we couldn't be bother with testing considering we have other things to do before self isolation ends and after.
I've kept myself busy doing jobs around the garden, including the erection of my beer tent! Cleaned the gazebo, riddled it of years if spider webs and dirt ingrained into the artificial grass mats, roof guttering and trimming back trees behind the gazebo. Today I'm going to dig out a small tree stump which I think is a trip hazard and could cause someone an injury should they fall on top of it.

​​​
Old Jul 31st 2020, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day 8 of 14 Day Self Isolation.

Old Jul 31st 2020, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Old Jul 31st 2020, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

A happy dog.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Old Jul 31st 2020, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Apologies for the bad spelling. Posting via mobile as photos on it.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Apologies for the bad spelling. Posting via mobile as photos on it.
I've been told the trees behind the gazebo need reducing in height. Not sure if to attempt it as it's a two man job and may need the person holding the ladder wearing a hard hat!
The dog is settling down pretty well and seems to like being outside all the time. Apart from sleeping, eating and using the loo we've been outside nearly all day. The dog has been sleeping in our bedroom just in case the mother in law trips over him lying down. Every time she goes to the loo he goes in bark mode. It's her home!!! On arrival the neighbourhood dogs started a chorus of barking for a couple of days. Our dog just kept himself to himself. After four days he's barking back making a statement I'm here to stay. I'm looking forward to taking him on his first walk at 5-6am next Thursday but am disappointed the location I'll be heading to has some building work going on. I think they are creating some sort of strand. Hope to find out more later. Sounds like it'll be privately run.

Last edited by FenTiger; Jul 31st 2020 at 5:18 am.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

He looks very happy, I wonder if dog barks are in a universal language
Old Jul 31st 2020, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ecurb
I think how a dog barks depends on what it is exposed to when younger. Our dog, a sprocker, often sounds like a bigger dog, probably from picking up how another of our dogs used to sound. She was a GSD! Next doors dogs are all pulis and they sound very yappy compared to ours. I'll have to do an audit of which bark belongs to which neighbours dog from next Thursday when I walk ours for the first time in Hungary.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ecurb
I think how a dog barks depends on what it is exposed to when younger. Our dog, a sprocker, often sounds like a bigger dog, probably from picking up how another of our dogs used to sound. She was a GSD! Next doors dogs are all pulis and they sound very yappy compared to ours. I'll have to do an audit of which bark belongs to which neighbours dog from next Thursday when I walk ours for the first time in Hungary.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Yay, self isolation over! Sorry, not been on here much lately because I had to keep resetting my password. I had not been able to change the password and only just realised I needed to add a symbol!

Will relay latest news later. We'off to a lake for a chat, swim, drink, etc.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Joetography is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Yay, self isolation over! Sorry, not been on here much lately because I had to keep resetting my password. I had not been able to change the password and only just realised I needed to add a symbol!

Will relay latest news later. We'off to a lake for a chat, swim, drink, etc.
Sounds like a good day ahead!
Old Aug 8th 2020, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Joetography
Sounds like a good day ahead!
We're going back to the same lake again tomorrow.