Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

CRS AND FATCA INDIVIDUAL form

CRS AND FATCA INDIVIDUAL form

Old Jul 31st 2020, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default CRS AND FATCA INDIVIDUAL form

I have been asked by my UK bank to fill in a CRS and FATCA individual form. Has anyone had to fill in such a form? I only have a UK bank account. My NHS pension is taxed in UK. I'm soon to be a "resident" of Hungary.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CRS AND FATCA INDIVIDUAL form

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I have been asked by my UK bank to fill in a CRS and FATCA individual form. Has anyone had to fill in such a form? I only have a UK bank account. My NHS pension is taxed in UK. I'm soon to be a "resident" of Hungary.

Yup I did in 2017! Filled it in, sent it back to the UK bank and have never heard a word about it since!

https://www.oecd.org/tax/automatic-e...ting-standard/

Old Aug 1st 2020, 9:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

If these are what I think they are, then yes, I did one a couple of years ago - like you, my pension is taxed in the UK.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Benny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to jump in, after Brexit will there be dual taxation on pensions or as is now?
Old Aug 1st 2020, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benny Kovacs
Sorry to jump in, after Brexit will there be dual taxation on pensions or as is now?
I believe that the dual taxation arrangements are independent of, and separate to, EU membership & brexit..
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
I believe that the dual taxation arrangements are independent of, and separate to, EU membership & brexit..
Correct ! There is taxation agreement between Hungary and the UK that predates Hungary joining the EU and will survive Brexit.
The agreement is that
Pensions are taxed in the country in which they are received (Except UK state work related pensions which are taxed in the UK but note that the UK OAP is subject to Hungarian tax rules.)
Property is taxed in the country where the property is located - So if you have a house in the UK that you let then this is subject to UK tax rules (income tax and CGT)

Any income taxed in the UK is subject to the UK tax bands and the tax payer also gets any personal allowance available.

Before Hungary joined the EU the UK OAP was not uprated annually but thanks to the EU rules in the first instance and then the Brexit exit deal the OAP will continue to be uprated as today but only for those resident in Hungary before Dec. 31st this year
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Correct ! There is taxation agreement between Hungary and the UK that predates Hungary joining the EU and will survive Brexit.
The agreement is that
Pensions are taxed in the country in which they are received (Except UK state work related pensions which are taxed in the UK but note that the UK OAP is subject to Hungarian tax rules.)
Property is taxed in the country where the property is located - So if you have a house in the UK that you let then this is subject to UK tax rules (income tax and CGT)

Any income taxed in the UK is subject to the UK tax bands and the tax payer also gets any personal allowance available.

Before Hungary joined the EU the UK OAP was not uprated annually but thanks to the EU rules in the first instance and then the Brexit exit deal the OAP will continue to be uprated as today but only for those resident in Hungary before Dec. 31st this year
My belief is that if you get your State OAP paid in UK it is subject to UK tax laws, then let,s say you transfer some/all/ more of that money to Hungary there is no liability for further taxation.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by enter
My belief is that if you get your State OAP paid in UK it is subject to UK tax laws, then let,s say you transfer some/all/ more of that money to Hungary there is no liability for further taxation.
Except if you were then to invest that money and earn interest on it in Hungary you could be liable for tax under Hungarian tax laws.

Old Aug 2nd 2020, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
Except if you were then to invest that money and earn interest on it in Hungary you could be liable for tax under Hungarian tax laws.
Yes ,am aware of that fact obviously registered fo tax over here Hungary.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by enter
My understanding is that it is where you are resident that counts and dictates who's tax rules you have to follow, not the location of the bank that receives the pension.

The UK pensions office will pay your OAP into a foreign bank without additional charges so if you designate a Hungarian bank account then that is where the pension goes and if it is a HUF account the bank will convert it at their daily rate. If the Hungarian account is in GBP then it sits there in Stirling.

Pensions in Hungary are zero rated for income tax and have been for as long as I can remember. There was a time when pensions were added into your income but zero rated which had the effect of pushing up the marginal tax rate but at the moment all pensions are outside any tax calculations.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ours is paid into a UK bank. Any money we need I transfer wise it to Hu Bank
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I have until 25th September to fill in the form. To be honest my first thought on receiving the form was is this a tax grab by UK government because I'm no longer resident in UK. But I've yet to register as a resident in Hungary. That will be next Monday because that's the earliest appointment we can get after being freed from self isolation on Wednesday @ 23:40 .
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

I have until 25th September to fill in the form. To be honest my first thought on receiving the form was is this a tax grab by UK government because I'm no longer resident in UK. But I've yet to register as a resident in Hungary. That will be next Monday because that's the earliest appointment we can get after being freed from self isolation on Wednesday @ 23:40 .
It's not just a UK "thing" it's international and basically is to prevent or cut down on money laundering!
https://www.ingbank.hu/en/useful/crs...rting-standard

CRS-Common Reporting Standard

Old Aug 3rd 2020, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sachina
It's not just a UK "thing" it's international and basically is to prevent or cut down on money laundering!
https://www.ingbank.hu/en/useful/crs...rting-standard

CRS-Common Reporting Standard

That was my first thought too about money laundering. I'm not that kind of guy and I've only once left a £5 note in my jeans when they were put in the wash!
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

after being freed from self isolation on Wednesday @ 23:40 .
Are you going for a walk around the the village at 23:41 - just to prove the point, or are you just going to wake up Thursday morning with a new sense of freedom?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.