Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Covid vaccination and consumption of alcohol

Covid vaccination and consumption of alcohol

Old Apr 30th 2021, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Covid vaccination and consumption of alcohol

What's the medical advice for consumption of alcohol after having the covid vaccination?
Friends of ours who have had both have been advised it's zero but my research on the internet states reasonable consumption based on existing medical advice.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 8:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid vaccination and consumption of alcohol

Originally Posted by FenTiger
What's the medical advice for consumption of alcohol after having the covid vaccination?
Friends of ours who have had both have been advised it's zero but my research on the internet states reasonable consumption based on existing medical advice.
I don't know what the advice is. I chose to abstain 48 hours either side, no idea if that made a difference. I guess if you have side effects (I didn't) you may not want a fuzzy head as well - or maybe one does!
Old Apr 30th 2021, 8:32 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure where I read it now but think that it was WHO advice that if you refrain from alcohol for a while before and after the vaccine it will enhance the action of the vaccine. It is not really about the vaccine itself but the fact that alcohol lowers the bodies defences so it makes sense to abstain. Another way that you can help is to take Vitamin D as that is helpful for your bone and immune system.

Rosemary
Old Apr 30th 2021, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Makes sense to abstain before and after.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 1:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Had my first jab this week, AZ, and I actually asked the nurse giving me the jab this very question as I had arranged to meet a friend later. The reply was that it would make no difference, though if I drank to excess then it could mask possible side effects. But for just a couple of glasses of wine(for example) it was not an issue.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 1:48 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Had my first jab this week, AZ, and I actually asked the nurse giving me the jab this very question as I had arranged to meet a friend later. The reply was that it would make no difference, though if I drank to excess then it could mask possible side effects. But for just a couple of glasses of wine(for example) it was not an issue.
The nurse who gave my brother in law his vaccine in England said the same thing.