Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination

Covid-19 Vaccination

Old Mar 7th 2021, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination

https://helpers.hu/residence-permit/...ty-in-hungary/

HOW DO YOU QUALIFY FOR SOCIAL SECURITY IN HUNGARY?

3. Paying social security contributions on your own

If you do not belong to any of the above categories, you can still have insurance in Hungary. If you have an EEA registration card or permanent residence permit, AND if you have had an address card (not the accommodation slip) for at least one year, you should pay social security on your own. A monthly payment of HUF 7,710 (ca. EUR 22) gives you full healthcare coverage (not including financial support like sick pay or pay during maternity leave, etc.) in Hungary.

Old Mar 7th 2021, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Covid-19 Vaccination

Originally Posted by Sachina
https://helpers.hu/residence-permit/...ty-in-hungary/

HOW DO YOU QUALIFY FOR SOCIAL SECURITY IN HUNGARY?

3. Paying social security contributions on your own

If you do not belong to any of the above categories, you can still have insurance in Hungary. If you have an EEA registration card or permanent residence permit, AND if you have had an address card (not the accommodation slip) for at least one year, you should pay social security on your own. A monthly payment of HUF 7,710 (ca. EUR 22) gives you full healthcare coverage (not including financial support like sick pay or pay during maternity leave, etc.) in Hungary.
FenTiger - It seems to me that this would be a reasonable route for you follow, one down side is that you won't get paid maternity leave.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
No idea
but you could try asking your wifes GP if you can get a jab
otherwise ask your health care provider
or search the internet for some of the private vaccination clinics

eventual fix must be for you to join the Hungarian NHS.
Although my Hungarian wife paid contributions to the Hungarian Health Fund before she moved to UK she cannot access the healthcare here but is waiting for HMRC to confirm she paid N.I. in UK. I'm a bit unsure exactly what will happen once it's confirmed.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

FenTiger - It seems to me that this would be a reasonable route for you follow, one down side is that you won't get paid maternity leave.
Will look into this.
I have no plans to take advantage of any maternity leave because I'm far too old to have any kids! ;-)
Old Mar 9th 2021, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Will look into this.
I have no plans to take advantage of any maternity leave because I'm far too old to have any kids! ;-)
I did say maternity leave not paternity leave........................
Old Mar 9th 2021, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Although my Hungarian wife paid contributions to the Hungarian Health Fund before she moved to UK she cannot access the healthcare here but is waiting for HMRC to confirm she paid N.I. in UK. I'm a bit unsure exactly what will happen once it's confirmed.
She takes the HMRC document to the appropriate office in Miskolc (Corvin ut) and they will process it and issue a TAJ card. Takes about a month to come through.

Last edited by Sachina; Mar 9th 2021 at 8:36 am.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Just a thought! Surely you paid NI in the UK as well, and when you left the UK you should have been given a HMRC form which should entitle you to receive free treatment as well? If I was you I'd contact the UK and ask them to issue you one.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Just a thought! Surely you paid NI in the UK as well, and when you left the UK you should have been given a HMRC form which should entitle you to receive free treatment as well? If I was you I'd contact the UK and ask them to issue you one.
I'll have a look through my paperwork to see if I have something confirming my N.I.contributions. I have a HMRC account and online can see I've paid the required years but regarding my state pension I'd get more if I carried on paying N.I.contributions. So will do so in near future. I occasionally check my account and any contributions for recent years are not yet due. I'm usually pretty good at getting these sort of things in order but I'm handicapped by lack of space to sit down somewhere with laptop and paperwork. I can access HMRC via an online sign language interpreter service but last time my wife called them the section she needed had no clue about this arrangement with HMRC so things went round in circles until they accepted continuation of her call.

Last edited by FenTiger; Mar 10th 2021 at 5:00 am.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll have a look through my paperwork to see if I have something confirming my N.I.contributions. I have a HMRC account and online can see I've paid the required years but regarding my state pension I'd get more if I carried on paying N.I.contributions. So will do so in near future. I occasionally check my account and any contributions for recent years are not yet due. I'm usually pretty good at getting these sort of things in order but I'm handicapped by lack of space to sit down somewhere with laptop and paperwork. I can access HMRC via an online sign language interpreter service but last time my wife called them the section she needed had no clue about this arrangement with HMRC so things went round in circles until they accepted continuation of her call.
As you moved to Hungary before the UK formally left the EU, I think I'm correct in saying you are treated as an EU citizen (if that makes sense). When I informed the UK Pensions Dept that I was moving to live permanently in Hungary, I was sent an S1 form which I then took to the appropriate government department in Miskolc. Should add that I did everything by email mainly before I left South Africa.

https://nhsbsa-live.powerappsportals...KA-01285/en-us

S1 form - what is this and how do I obtain one?

https://www.kormanyhivatal.hu/hu/borsod-abauj-zemplen/hirek/europai-utazasaihoz-europai-egeszsegbiztositasi-kartyat-igenyelhet

Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén County Government Office

Old Mar 14th 2021, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Expatrick
For those looking to register -

Register

Nice, simple form!
Just tried to fill in the registration form but cannot proceed due to no TAJ no.!
Old Mar 27th 2021, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

I had my second vaccination of the Chinese Sinopharm vaccine,yesterday, a month after my first one. Like the first jab no side effects whatsoever.

I was given an official looking piece of paper to prove it. All I need now is the T shirt
Old Mar 27th 2021, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was given an official looking piece of paper to prove it. All I need now is the T shirt
I think you eventually get a plastic credit card sized card to better prove the point (T shirt is probably an own purchase, I'm sure the local flea market will have some soon).
Old Mar 28th 2021, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

I had my second vaccination of the Chinese Sinopharm vaccine,yesterday, a month after my first one. Like the first jab no side effects whatsoever.

Old Mar 30th 2021, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

This morning I received by registered letter a plastic card immunity certificate (credit card size) complete with QR scan code and date of vaccination. I'm not sure yet where (or for what) I can use this.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

This morning I received by registered letter a plastic card immunity certificate (credit card size) complete with QR scan code and date of vaccination. I'm not sure yet where (or for what) I can use this.
That's great news. Wonder if and when I'll get one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.