Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination

Covid-19 Vaccination

Old Jan 11th 2021, 9:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination

Originally Posted by Sachina
Thanks but did mine weeks ago.
That's good!
Old Jan 14th 2021, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
For those looking to register -

Register

Nice, simple form!
I registered about three weeks and today received the following email. Doesn't say much but at least I know they have my information.

Dear Sir / Madam!

On December 26, the first coronavirus vaccine was administered in Hungary. Since then, vaccinations have been given on an ongoing basis according to the vaccination plan. First, healthcare workers can get the vaccine at hospital vaccines, tens of thousands of whom have already taken advantage of the opportunity. In recent days, vaccinations have also begun in nursing homes, especially those exposed to the infection. The goal is for those living and working here to get protection as soon as possible. That alone means more than a thousand institutions.

Hungary has so far ordered almost 20 million doses of vaccine from various international manufacturers. Joint EU procurement is carried out by the Brussels authorities, but the government is in intensive negotiations with several manufacturers to make more vaccines available. Currently, vaccines from two manufacturers (Pfizer, Moderna) are officially licensed and have started shipping vaccines to European countries, including Hungary. For both vaccine types, two vaccinations are required for protection.

More than one million Hungarian citizens have already registered to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, which shows that many people want to take advantage of the opportunity. The vaccine is the most effective tool in our hands against the coronavirus. Therefore, please encourage your family and friends to register as well! We will notify you of any further information regarding the vaccination.

Let's take care of each other!

Regards:
Coronavirus Information Center

Old Jan 14th 2021, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

I registered about three weeks and today received the following email. Doesn't say much but at least I know they have my information.

Dear Sir / Madam!

On December 26, the first coronavirus vaccine was administered in Hungary. Since then, vaccinations have been given on an ongoing basis according to the vaccination plan. First, healthcare workers can get the vaccine at hospital vaccines, tens of thousands of whom have already taken advantage of the opportunity. In recent days, vaccinations have also begun in nursing homes, especially those exposed to the infection. The goal is for those living and working here to get protection as soon as possible. That alone means more than a thousand institutions.

Hungary has so far ordered almost 20 million doses of vaccine from various international manufacturers. Joint EU procurement is carried out by the Brussels authorities, but the government is in intensive negotiations with several manufacturers to make more vaccines available. Currently, vaccines from two manufacturers (Pfizer, Moderna) are officially licensed and have started shipping vaccines to European countries, including Hungary. For both vaccine types, two vaccinations are required for protection.

More than one million Hungarian citizens have already registered to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, which shows that many people want to take advantage of the opportunity. The vaccine is the most effective tool in our hands against the coronavirus. Therefore, please encourage your family and friends to register as well! We will notify you of any further information regarding the vaccination.

Let's take care of each other!

Regards:
Coronavirus Information Center
Positive stuff, thanks for posting!
Old Jan 31st 2021, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

Just received -

Vaccination of registrants will begin in the coming days. Our oldest compatriots will be the first to receive the vaccine, now also those who live in their own homes.

From next week, their GP will look for them at the contact details provided during registration. The GP decides where the vaccination is given, it can be the elderly person's home, GP surgery and hospital vaccination point.

Vaccines ordered by Brussels receive far fewer than necessary, so the government is constantly working to make as many vaccines available as possible from more sources.

In addition to the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines used so far, the British AstraZeneca, the Russian Sputnik and the Chinese Sinopharm vaccines have also been approved by the pharmaceutical authority. Larger shipments will already arrive in February. More than 15 million people have already been vaccinated with the Sinopharm vaccine, including Hungarians from Vojvodina in neighboring Serbia.

The epidemic can only be overcome with a vaccine, all effective vaccines are better than the virus.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Just received -
I got mine today. Hopefully it won't be long now before we finally get vaccinated!
Old Jan 31st 2021, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Don,t forget you have to wait about 3 weeks between jabs, then how long is it till you are deemed protected?. Even then it is not 100% so imo I still will be masked up and hand wash/gel routine for a long time till there is substantial confirmation that it is gone. This is a killer virus after all, I am aware of the flu virus being a killer also but we have the jab every year for that and the rest is hope.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by enter
Don,t forget you have to wait about 3 weeks between jabs, then how long is it till you are deemed protected?. Even then it is not 100% so imo I still will be masked up and hand wash/gel routine for a long time till there is substantial confirmation that it is gone. This is a killer virus after all, I am aware of the flu virus being a killer also but we have the jab every year for that and the rest is hope.
My information is that about 2 weeks after the first jab you get protection and whilst is won't be maximum protection if you did get the virus then it will only be a mild event. The UK, in order to get more people with protection quickly, have moved the second jab out to 12 weeks (or more).

What is unclear is whether the jab stops you passing it on and of course it can be caught from objects as well as inhaling droplets so masks and hand washing will still be necessary.

Last edited by Peter_in_Hungary; Jan 31st 2021 at 5:56 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

The village mayor called round today to tell me I'll be having my first covid-19 vaccination on Friday morning, From what I've read it will be the Chinese Sinopharn vaccine that's being sent to GP's throughout the country. The Pfizer vaccine is being issued to hospitals.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

The village mayor called round today to tell me I'll be having my first covid-19 vaccination on Friday morning, From what I've read it will be the Chinese Sinopharn vaccine that's being sent to GP's throughout the country. The Pfizer vaccine is being issued to hospitals.
I envy you. Very few people have been vaccinated in Austria. Some people hope that may be they can come to Hungary for a jab once you are done. Vaccination trips like trips to Hungarian dentists 🤩
Old Feb 26th 2021, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

I've just got back from having my vaccination this morning at the local clinic. As always no appointment system and a case of first come first served and I was way down the list! The clinic was small and packed to the gills with people not only waiting to be vaccinated but also people queueing outside the pharmacy to collect prescriptions. There must have been at least 40 people milling around and the odd one or two not wearing masks.

The actual vaccination was over and done with very quickly. You won't believe it but the doctor wasn't wearing a mask? Sat for most of the prescribed 15 minutes to see if I was going to react to the vaccine. Now an hour and a quarter later I'm feeling OK if a little bit "shell shocked" after spending so much time surrounded by so many people. Something I'm not used to
Old Feb 26th 2021, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

I've just got back from having my vaccination this morning at the local clinic. As always no appointment system and a case of first come first served and I was way down the list! The clinic was small and packed to the gills with people not only waiting to be vaccinated but also people queueing outside the pharmacy to collect prescriptions. There must have been at least 40 people milling around and the odd one or two not wearing masks.

The actual vaccination was over and done with very quickly. You won't believe it but the doctor wasn't wearing a mask? Sat for most of the prescribed 15 minutes to see if I was going to react to the vaccine. Now an hour and a quarter later I'm feeling OK if a little bit "shell shocked" after spending so much time surrounded by so many people. Something I'm not used to
Our next door neighbour is a doctor (now on detachment to the U.S) - have never seen him in a mask.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

almafak is an unknown quantity at this point

I received a phone call last night from my GP telling me to attend the local surgery at 4 pm. About a dozen well-spaced chairs had been set up in the anteroom. I was given a stamped record card and had to fill in a form (in English) checking off Yes/No to a string of questions including 'was I pregnant'. The vaccination was quick and I was told to sit for at least 10 minutes. My second jab will be in 28 days at the same time and place. Well organised and managed. Everyone wore masks.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

We got our jabs today.We got a phone call yesterday from the GP inviting us for the jab at a time. We turned up on the dot and we were both in and out in less than 5 mins with no waiting at all. We got a stamped and signed certificate showing date and what vaccine (the Chinese one) but no info on the second jab (but space on the certificate fro the info)
Our GP has adopted the approach that is if one person falls into a category for the jab then they invite the partner in at the same time.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Where do Brits fit in if they are not registered with Hungarian health fund? I'm paying for private health care at the moment.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Where do Brits fit in if they are not registered with Hungarian health fund? I'm paying for private health care at the moment.
No idea
but you could try asking your wifes GP if you can get a jab
otherwise ask your health care provider
or search the internet for some of the private vaccination clinics

eventual fix must be for you to join the Hungarian NHS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.