Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Covid 19 Testing. (Free Service )

Covid 19 Testing. (Free Service )

Old Jul 24th 2020, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

2017sunshine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covid 19 Testing. (Free Service )

Any one flying in or driving in and wanting a covid 19 test , it's a free service being offered by the Hungarian government just contact your local doctor with your details /tel no mine replayed with in 2 hrs with a reply from the hospital and the hospital called at 10 .00 am to say not to drink or eat and they would come out to test they arrived at 15. 15 in the ambulance and dresses from head to foot in protective equipment he had already done 8 people before myself you get a swab from the mouth and one up each nostril and they then said the results will go to your doctor in 24/48 hrs I'm on day 2 so hopefully the results will be today ?
Old Jul 24th 2020, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19 Testing. (Free Service )

Brilliant. Have told wife. Probably too busy today as removals arriving today.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Benny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond repute

My brother-in-law is going from UK to Hungary in a couple of weeks, he says he can have the tests done in the UK for free, have the results emailed to Hungary and completely avoid any quarantine if clear.

I also heard of somebody else doing this but having to wait at the airport for 13 hours as the results hadn't gone through In time, the alternative was to clear immigration and then start the procedure again in Hungary isolating at home until all clear given.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take the actual test results too. I note the border police use smartphones to access anything so with the screen being so small they'd probably be grateful for something A4 size. I'd recommend filling in the online form too. I noticed one queue got shorter really quickly. It's obvious they had gone down that route.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

almafak is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand that this free testing will end on August 1. An MP is trying to extend this deadline for Hungarian citizens but it looks like expats will have to pay around 10,000 forint per test.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 2017sunshine
Any one flying in or driving in and wanting a covid 19 test , it's a free service being offered by the Hungarian government just contact your local doctor with your details /tel no mine replayed with in 2 hrs with a reply from the hospital and the hospital called at 10 .00 am to say not to drink or eat and they would come out to test they arrived at 15. 15 in the ambulance and dresses from head to foot in protective equipment he had already done 8 people before myself you get a swab from the mouth and one up each nostril and they then said the results will go to your doctor in 24/48 hrs I'm on day 2 so hopefully the results will be today ?
had the second test on Saturday and the doctor just sent me the PDF from the hospital NEGATIVE so I'm free to go 👏👏👏😂😂😂
Old Jul 27th 2020, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 2017sunshine
had the second test on Saturday and the doctor just sent me the PDF from the hospital NEGATIVE so I'm free to go 👏👏👏😂😂😂
So start to finish how long were you in isolation?
Old Jul 27th 2020, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi mr tiger I emailed my doctor on the Tuesday morning he replied with in 2 hrs they came the next day the results were on Friday morning the doctor ask for the second test they came Saturday and the results came back today so pretty good service I must say and I've just sent both PDF test results to my local policeman for there records as they normal come one a day to get the thumbs up 👍 and I'm ticked off on there list !!
Old Jul 28th 2020, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Sunshine2017 - rendorseg have been here only twice since we arrived midnight Wednesday.