Coronavirus

Old Sep 4th 2020, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

All the EU countries have some sort of entry restrictions and quarantine demands. Hungary is the most severe and have been put in place because it can be shown that the upsurge in recent cases can be directly attributed to being imported rather than 'home grown' Hungary will be arguing to the EU that based on evidence the restrictions are needed to protect its citizens - which it is entitled so to do.

Apart from boarder restrictions residential old folks homes have been closed for new entrants amongst other measures. Hungary seems to be taking pre-emptive measures rather than operating in react mode. As part of the high risk group i support Hungarys position!
Old Sep 4th 2020, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
All the EU countries have some sort of entry restrictions and quarantine demands. Hungary is the most severe and have been put in place because it can be shown that the upsurge in recent cases can be directly attributed to being imported rather than 'home grown' Hungary will be arguing to the EU that based on evidence the restrictions are needed to protect its citizens - which it is entitled so to do.

Apart from boarder restrictions residential old folks homes have been closed for new entrants amongst other measures. Hungary seems to be taking pre-emptive measures rather than operating in react mode. As part of the high risk group i support Hungarys position!
I completely agree with you on this. It's obvious the other EU countries were trying to save the tourist and holiday providers industries but their actions have backfired.
Old Sep 4th 2020, 7:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary

+1.

459 new cases registered yesterday.
Old Sep 4th 2020, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
+1.

459 new cases registered yesterday.
Count me in as well!

The EU is saying that closing the borders is illegal as it violates the policy of the free movement of EU members within the the EU.

Rather hypocritical to my way of thinking because it's freedom of movement which is largely causing the spike in new infections throughout the EU and Europe.!

https://euobserver.com/coronavirus/149295

Commission: Hungary barring some EU citizens is illegal

Old Sep 4th 2020, 10:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sachina
The EU is saying that closing the borders is illegal as it violates the policy of the free movement of EU members within the the EU.

Rather hypocritical to my way of thinking because it's freedom of movement which is largely causing the spike in new infections throughout the EU and Europe.!
I think this is a technicality. As I understand it, barring entry to certain people on the basis of their (EU) nationality would violate the EU treaties. Barring entry on the basis of their country of residence may well (under the present circumstances) be acceptable.

FWIW, I perfectly accept Hungary's reasons in principle for closing the borders, despite it being a major inconvenience for me.
Old Sep 4th 2020, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Our ezermester called in sick today, which is not like him, not at all. In these times it's too easy to think the worst...
Old Sep 5th 2020, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

https://hungarytoday.hu/business-tri...IW4P17g7zA-Dj8

Business Trips Now Allowed to Hungary, Tests from EU-Schengen Area Accepted

Old Sep 5th 2020, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

https://hungarytoday.hu/business-tri...IW4P17g7zA-Dj8

Business Trips Now Allowed to Hungary, Tests from EU-Schengen Area Accepted

I note the GBP is getting stronger against HUF every day. Not sure about other currencies. Wonder if this is linked to bringing in more "foreign" currency into Hungary?
Old Sep 5th 2020, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

The HUF has also lost continuosly against the € over the last days, here's my favourite site for long term speclations:
https://www.xe.com/en/currencycharts...to=HUF&view=1W
Old Sep 5th 2020, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wolfi
The HUF has also lost continuosly against the € over the last days, here's my favourite site for long term speclations:
https://www.xe.com/en/currencycharts...to=HUF&view=1W
I've bookmarked the link. It's useful to see when best time is to transfer £s or Euros into HUF bank account or transferwise.
Old Sep 5th 2020, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

https://www.euronews.com/2020/09/05/...VmNDcifQ%3D%3D

A supercomputer analysed data on COVID-19 and helped come up with this new hypothesis

https://www.euronews.com/2020/09/03/...ntry-breakdown

Coronavirus second wave? Which countries in Europe are experiencing a resurgence of cases?
Old Sep 5th 2020, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

https://www.euronews.com/2020/09/05/...VmNDcifQ%3D%3D

A supercomputer analysed data on COVID-19 and helped come up with this new hypothesis

https://www.euronews.com/2020/09/03/...ntry-breakdown

Coronavirus second wave? Which countries in Europe are experiencing a resurgence of cases?
Interesting statistics.
Old Sep 8th 2020, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

https://hungarytoday.hu/hungary-face...N3optFEPtLAR0s

Episode Two: Coronavirus Strikes Back

https://hungarytoday.hu/hungarian-patients-to-be-first-to-receive-covid-19-triggered-cytokine-storm-therapy/

Hungarian Patients to Be First to Receive Covid-19 Triggered Cytokine Storm Therapy

Last edited by Sachina; Sep 8th 2020 at 2:32 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

I'd like to see the prequel how this all started but no country is ever going to admit it started in their own country for fear of economic reprisals.
​​​​​​
Old Sep 9th 2020, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I'd like to see the prequel how this all started but no country is ever going to admit it started in their own country for fear of economic reprisals.​​​​​​
I think it is generally accepted that it started in Wuhan China and further it came from an open market which has both live and dead animals on sale including animals that are wild (non domesticated) animals. Often animals are slaughtered at the market so the opportunity for cross infection is high and the disposal of the waste is difficult to be done hygienically. My understanding is that the virus mutated (as all virus will in time) and jumped species. Sars came about in a similar way from the same type of market and covid is related to sars. There has been condemnation of these markets from outside China but they are traditional and difficult to change (and not much will from the authorities) Africa also has these markets and sell (mostly illegal) 'bush' meat including monkeys where the chance of cross species infection is high especially with monkeys. (e.g. AIDS came from primate cross infection) After the above the chance of a world pandemic with the amount of fast air travel today is much higher than say a generation ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.