Coronavirus

Old Aug 29th 2020, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by ecurb
yes, members of the government are having a meeting tomorrow (Saturday) to define the details, press conference today suggest Hungarian citizens only with 'some' exceptions. It will be interesting to see what the final details are.
I was hoping to return to the UK for a week to finalise a house sale but I guess not now.
Is it not possible to finalise the UK house sale whilst you are here in Hungary? The circumstances are exceptional so I'm sure all parties involved will understand. All my communication with estate agent, conveyancer were by email and phone(using relay service). Only once did I need to have a face to face meet up with a solicitor to certify my I.D.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Where did that bit of information come from?

To me it sounds very much like the stupid myths that were doing the rounds at the beginning of this pandemic such as it will die off when it gets hot/cold, drink plenty of water because it will wash the virus into the stomach and it cannot survive the acid.

Rosemary
I don't deal in myths! I will concede though my remark was badly worded and therefore misleading and open to misinterpretation

The information came from scientific studies such as the ones below :

https://blogs.biomedcentral.com/on-h...ely-catch-flu/

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...hem-avoid-them

When assessing the risk of infection (via respiration) at the grocery store or mall, you need to consider the volume of the air space (very large), the number of people (restricted), how long people are spending in the store (workers - all day; customers - an hour). Taken together, for a person shopping: the low density, high air volume of the store, along with the restricted time you spend in the store, means that the opportunity to receive an infectious dose is low. But, for the store worker, the extended time they spend in the store provides a greater opportunity to receive the infectious dose and therefore the job becomes more risky.

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3223

Old Aug 29th 2020, 8:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

At the peak back in Hungary there were about 120 cases / day. Yesterday there were 158.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

Luckily most of the sale is done, I just need to get my belongs moved to Hungary and sign some final legal documents for the sale. I should be able to do it remotely.

Certainly the daily infection numbers are showing an increase but as with any statistic, sometimes it is hard to work out what it actually means.
It depends on how many people you test and the life style/work type/age group of the people being tested.

Controlling boarder crossings is part of any strategy to combat COVID19, which is already happening in other countries in Europe.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

deaconsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I've only just signed up so I'm not 100% sure this is the right place to ask this question I wondered if anyone had any clarification on the new COVID rules announced yesterday?

I am a UK citizen with a Hungarian residency card. I'm planning to go back to the UK in the coming days and return mid-Sept. I appreciate UK is now red and so UK citizens would not be allowed to enter Hungary but does anyone know if my residency card provides an exemption and I would be allowed in? I fully understand that if I am allowed in then I would need to go into quarantine for 14 days or have 2 negative tests when I do come back.

Thanks,

Steve.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deaconsm
I've only just signed up so I'm not 100% sure this is the right place to ask this question I wondered if anyone had any clarification on the new COVID rules announced yesterday?
Hi Steve, and welcome to the forum.

I imagine several of us are watching this closely.

I haven't made it to my house in Hungary for a year thanks to Covid-19. Had planned to be there in September - now this.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

I am a UK citizen with a Hungarian residency card. I'm planning to go back to the UK in the coming days and return mid-Sept. I appreciate UK is now red and so UK citizens would not be allowed to enter Hungary but does anyone know if my residency card provides an exemption and I would be allowed in? I fully understand that if I am allowed in then I would need to go into quarantine for 14 days or have 2 negative tests when I do come back.

Thanks,

Steve.
The rules change according to the perceived problems of the day. I.E. the authorities are acting in react mode based on the expert advice at the time so the rules of today could / will be different tomorrow.
Hungarian citizens are always allowed in (international law apart from anything else) but tests and / or quarantine can be required. Last time the drawbridge was pulled up those with residency were also allowed in - but that is no guarantee of what happens this time.
So as far as I can see you will be taking a chance because the regulations can/will change and are unpredictable.

At the moment from the UK it is 2 weeks quarantine that can be reduced by 2 negative tests, but the new news is that the tests have to be Hungarian tests and are chargeable events.

Do you have to travel? It seems to me that a reasonable option would be to stay here

Edit to update from the evening news
Foreigners only allowed in if they have a good reason to enter Hungary
A quote from
https://koronavirus.gov.hu/
“All other countries are in the red category; Hungary is green,” Minister Gergely Gulyás said at today’s Kormányinfo session, adding that foreigners will only be allowed to enter Hungary “in the case that it is very necessary.”
The web site is the governments site for virus info and has an English option but this does not mirror the Hungarian text. Neither versions mentioned foreigners with residency.
Oh and it is a moving feast so keep watching the website for daily changes

Last edited by Peter_in_Hungary; Aug 29th 2020 at 6:52 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2020, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
The rules change according to the perceived problems of the day. I.E. the authorities are acting in react mode based on the expert advice at the time so the rules of today could / will be different tomorrow.
Hungarian citizens are always allowed in (international law apart from anything else) but tests and / or quarantine can be required. Last time the drawbridge was pulled up those with residency were also allowed in - but that is no guarantee of what happens this time.
So as far as I can see you will be taking a chance because the regulations can/will change and are unpredictable.

At the moment from the UK it is 2 weeks quarantine that can be reduced by 2 negative tests, but the new news is that the tests have to be Hungarian tests and are chargeable events.

Do you have to travel? It seems to me that a reasonable option would be to stay here

Edit to update from the evening news
Foreigners only allowed in if they have a good reason to enter Hungary
A quote from
https://koronavirus.gov.hu/
“All other countries are in the red category; Hungary is green,” Minister Gergely Gulyás said at today’s Kormányinfo session, adding that foreigners will only be allowed to enter Hungary “in the case that it is very necessary.”
The web site is the governments site for virus info and has an English option but this does not mirror the Hungarian text. Neither versions mentioned foreigners with residency.
Oh and it is a moving feast so keep watching the website for daily changes
Deaconsm - As Peter_in_Hungary says the rules change. I flew in Wednesday 22nd July and both myself and Hungarian wife had to self isolate for 14 days. A week earlier the rules were different - no quarantine for my Hungarian wife and I think myself too (please correct me if I'm wrong).
One thing you'll need to consider is whether you will have to self isolate in the UK. If yes, you're stuck for food and everyday essentials unless you have family or others to help out. Then when you come back to Hungary it will be another 14 days self isolation.

Old Aug 30th 2020, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Watchpost
Hi Steve, and welcome to the forum.

I imagine several of us are watching this closely.

I haven't made it to my house in Hungary for a year thanks to Covid-19. Had planned to be there in September - now this.
Watchpost - have you not considered applying for entry via the online form on the Rendorseg website?
Old Aug 30th 2020, 5:15 am
Just Joined

deaconsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks to all of you for the replies.

From what I have found out over the last 24 hours it is simply just very uncertain. Some say that residents can get back in the country and are classed as citizens but then the UK side says any UK citizen would be refused entry. The other complication is the travel itself. I was meant to fly yesterday (Saturday) evening direct into BHX and return on 12th. I changed the outbound booking at the last moment to Tuesday 1st pending further information and then, on waking this morning, find an email that my flight has been canceled. This is Whizz but I would expect many flights from many airlines will be canceling their BUD leg through Sept simply due to uncertainty and demand.

Oh, well. I suppose we should look on the bright side. HU is still in the 30s where UK is only high teens. At least the shorts can stay on a bit longer...

Thanks again,

Steve.
Old Aug 30th 2020, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Many thanks to all of you for the replies.

From what I have found out over the last 24 hours it is simply just very uncertain. Some say that residents can get back in the country and are classed as citizens but then the UK side says any UK citizen would be refused entry. The other complication is the travel itself. I was meant to fly yesterday (Saturday) evening direct into BHX and return on 12th. I changed the outbound booking at the last moment to Tuesday 1st pending further information and then, on waking this morning, find an email that my flight has been canceled. This is Whizz but I would expect many flights from many airlines will be canceling their BUD leg through Sept simply due to uncertainty and demand.

Oh, well. I suppose we should look on the bright side. HU is still in the 30s where UK is only high teens. At least the shorts can stay on a bit longer...

Thanks again,

Steve.
We went through alot of uncertainty before we flew here. One day we were in high spirits, the next feeling rock bottom. We flew out with Wizz and the plane was only 60% full so I moved to a seat next to my wife. Yup, despite booking on same booking we were allocated different seats. Our dog travelled by road with a pet transporter and they went through alot of hassle trying to obtain information as to whether they could deliver our dog or not. The one thing they had to do was drive into Hungary and exit within 24 hours without an overnight stay.
You're quite right about keeping the shorts on longer. Usually around about this time we return to UK after staying two weeks but we're now here for good. It's a pleasant feeling not having to return to the UK!
Old Aug 30th 2020, 8:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Watchpost - have you not considered applying for entry via the online form on the Rendorseg website?
We were planning to go down later in September, and it seems the details of the restriction haven't yet been determined. So at the moment it's wait and see.

What has been published suggests though that the situation will be similar to that in May. We only have a holiday home, no residence of any form, so it's unlikely we'd be given a dispensation.
Old Aug 30th 2020, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

Just been posted on Facebook by a well known and very respected legal person that it would seem that foreign holders of a residency card or registration card valid for longer than 90 days will be allowed to enter Hungary subject to the 14 days quarantine / 2 tests at home in Hungary ....
Old Aug 31st 2020, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

The government has released the official decree today.
And according to helpers.hu;
"EU citizens holding a registration cardAND an address card"
are permitted entry.

The Decree does not specifically list every type of permit and is more general about what types of permit are included, saying they must allow a say of 90 plus days.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

My wife just told me that the EU told Hungaty that the travel restrictions do not correspond to EU rules - so they will be modified real soon.
There's hope!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.