Coronavirus

Old Aug 27th 2020, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Expatrick
It's the getting to, into, out & from the stadium that will cause much of the problem.
That's why monitoring the keeping of the right social distance will be important. Apparently you only run a risk if your in a crowd of people for 15 minutes or more.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

davidchannon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sachina
As the saying goes wearing a mask with your nose exposed is like wearing a condom with a hole in it!
Wearing a condom WITHOUT a hole in it sounds very painful - or impossible.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 2:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
That's why monitoring the keeping of the right social distance will be important. Apparently you only run a risk if your in a crowd of people for 15 minutes or more.
Where did that bit of information come from?

To me it sounds very much like the stupid myths that were doing the rounds at the beginning of this pandemic such as it will die off when it gets hot/cold, drink plenty of water because it will wash the virus into the stomach and it cannot survive the acid.

Rosemary
Old Aug 27th 2020, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

I can see us going back into hibernation by the end of September, disastrous.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Except that the majority of people I see wearing masks seem to use them as chin straps !!
I can imagine how many mask will still be in the proper place by half time.
The social distancing practised will be zilch once a goal is scored!
Old Aug 27th 2020, 2:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I can see us going back into hibernation by the end of September, disastrous.
Some of us have not made it out into the social world since March.

Rosemary
Old Aug 27th 2020, 3:43 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot breath with those things covering my nose. We have no choice but to either stay home and do without food or if go out with a face mask on and suffocate. Since my area doesn't have any food shops that deliver or offer curbside pick up I go out with my nose out so I can breathe. I understand the risk I take but I have no choice.

I am certain more restrictions will soon be in place like were before. I have been buying extra food and supplies to ride out a 6+ month lock down because I know that it is coming back all the previous restrictions and possibly even more. Only thing I cannot stock up on for that length of time is fresh veggies, eggs bread and beer. Oh well I do what I can do. Thankfully, I can spend lots of time in my garden and keep away from other folks so I will do what I have to if things get locked down again.

I would urge all of you who can afford to do so to slowly stockpile extra food and supplies just in case.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Some of us have not made it out into the social world since March.

Rosemary
Exactly, and that should be a lesson for the rest.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 5:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
I cannot breath with those things covering my nose. We have no choice but to either stay home and do without food or if go out with a face mask on and suffocate. Since my area doesn't have any food shops that deliver or offer curbside pick up I go out with my nose out so I can breathe. I understand the risk I take but I have no choice.

I am certain more restrictions will soon be in place like were before. I have been buying extra food and supplies to ride out a 6+ month lock down because I know that it is coming back all the previous restrictions and possibly even more. Only thing I cannot stock up on for that length of time is fresh veggies, eggs bread and beer. Oh well I do what I can do. Thankfully, I can spend lots of time in my garden and keep away from other folks so I will do what I have to if things get locked down again.

I would urge all of you who can afford to do so to slowly stockpile extra food and supplies just in case.
Obviously mask wearing is difficult for those with medical conditions, those who are medically exempt, but for the rest of us it is very simple and a contribution to mutual safety.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

The Hungarian government has been hit - many in quarantine:
https://insighthungary.444.hu/2020/0...uring-pandemic
Re daily life:
When shopping at our Lidl we often see people with masks under their nose - I try to stay away from them as far as possible.
In the small local shops where we buy bread, mest and vegetables it's much better, people follow the rules of social distancing quite well.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

The complacency here for the last 6 months has frustrated the hell out of me. Shopkeepers wearing their masks around their chins or not wearing them at all. People saying that the virus isn't a problem as it's not present in our village.
Well, it was in the news yesterday that 4 out of a large group of freshman students from Corvinus university who had been partying here for several days have tested positive for covid 19! Those students were shopping in the village shops, wandering about, partying at the spa here. I'm sure there will now be more cases.
We've only just gone back to work as self-employed English nursery teachers after 5 1/2 months off (and no income from there). The last thing we need is for another lockdown of schools and nurseries as that will be financially disastrous for us. Hopefully people will start to take this situation as seriously as they should have done all along.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 7:44 am
Account Closed

132 cases declared for yesterday, almost doubled in last 3 days.

I calculate the R rate today as 1.49.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat142; Aug 28th 2020 at 8:40 am.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

132 cases declared for yesterday, almost doubled in last 3 days.

I calculate the R rate today as 1.49.
Just saw on Austrian news that Hungary will close the border from Sept 1.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, members of the government are having a meeting tomorrow (Saturday) to define the details, press conference today suggest Hungarian citizens only with 'some' exceptions. It will be interesting to see what the final details are.
I was hoping to return to the UK for a week to finalise a house sale but I guess not now.

Last edited by ecurb; Aug 28th 2020 at 6:29 pm. Reason: typo
Old Aug 28th 2020, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ecurb
yes, members of the government are having a meeting tomorrow (Saturday) to define the details, press conference today suggest Hungarian citizens only with 'some' exceptions. It will be interesting to see what the final details are.
I was hoping to return to the UK for a week to finalise a house sale but I guess not now.
It would appear so ....
​​​​​​https://hungarytoday.hu/hungary-bord...Kwf0R_tRxinHiE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.